“Worth the drive.”
Review of Monument Inn

Monument Inn
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in La Porte
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For over 25 years, Monument Inn has been your destination to share family traditions and special occasions with great food and a great atmosphere! Specializing in fresh Gulf Coast seafood, we've become one of Houston's most popular restaurants. In fact, we serve about 80,000 pounds of shrimp and almost 25,000 pounds of catfish, crawfish, and fresh fish every year! If you're in the mood for something fresh from the water, check out our popular Fisherman's Platter with its shrimp, oysters, catfish, stuffed shrimp, and stuffed crab. But guests also love our wide array of pastas, beef, and chicken dishes. And be sure to top it all off with a drink from our full bar! Whether it's business luncheons, meeting with friends, or special occasions, thank you for making Monument Inn your place to make memories!
The Woodlands, Texas
“Worth the drive.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Made our bi-annual drive from The Woodlands to the Monument Inn. The food, as always was outstanding with giant servings. Their gumbo is the BEST I have had anywhere. So is their Monumental Sauce, a beurre blanc sauce with shrimp, crawfish, and oysters; served over fresh fish, it's the best thing ever.
They were busy, about a forty minute wait, but the service was fast and friendly.
P.s. don't forget to try the warm sweet rolls that come with the rolls in the bread basket.

2 Thank L Brooke S

Houston, Texas, United States
“Good Food, Not Handicap friendly”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went for the first time tonight based on friend's recommendation. Food was good. Our table had Oysters on the Half Shell, Chicken Fried Chicken, Stuffed Shrimp, and the Combination platter. All food was very good and the service was outstanding.

The reasons for the three stars are: 1) they pack you in so tight, people had to get up from their sit so other people could get through and 2) it is not handicap friendly. My father has to use a wheelchair. We had no idea the restaurant was up one level and the only way to get him up there was a stair lift and we would have to carry his wheelchair up the stairs.

They should mention this on their website. We do not see it mentioned at all.

As crowded as it is, I think they could afford an elevator.

• Visited January 2013
La Porte, Texas
“Best SeaFood and Steak around these parts”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I eat here alot and if its on the menue its going to be good have never been disappointed you will not leave hungry I guarantee that they even think of people who are unable to climb the stairs They have there own water purifacation plant huge dining room great place to take pictures of Pelicans and water type birds, seafood stuffed peppers there great this is the first place my wife ever ate a pepper

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank ticamax
East Texas
“Best Seafood, Service and Cinnamon Rolls on the Gulf Coast!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We drive more than an hour to eat here about 6 times a year. We take the ferry across the ship channel and the anticipation just makes everything taste better. The fried shrimp have that great flavor like they were swimming in the gulf 6 hours earlier. I love the stuffed crab too.
The fried catfish is usually a huge piece or two pieces of perfection.
My husband's favorite is the combination platter. He orders shrimp, oysters and scallops. We choose rice pilaf for the side order...but they offer fries, bake potato, etc.
The salads are so fresh, the dinner rolls are heavenly and the cinnamon rolls...oh my...over-the-top great.
Service is always top rate, althought sometimes there is a waiting line to get in...

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Raggedy Ann 2
Houston, Texas
“Average South Texas Seafood”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I visited this restaurant 2 times recently and the first time was
mildly disappointed in the food. I had read reviews on this
restaurant and was really looking forward to my first visit. I
found the food to be average for good South Texas seafood,
service was average and appertizers better than main courses.
The first time was my anniversary and it was not one of our better
dinner's celebrating this occasion. The restaurant while clean
was in bad need of renovation.

• Visited November 2012