“Great Food, Great Service, and true Texas atmosphere”

Southern Komfort Kitchen Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in La Porte
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Southern Komfort Kitchen, in La Porte, TX, we prepare food from scratch -- like Grandma used to make. Southern American food done the old-fashioned way.
Deer Park, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Great Service, and true Texas atmosphere”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Had the Ribeye and quail and both were fabulous. Wife had the chicken fried chicken and was overly pleased. Served fresh yeast rising rolls with a house made honey butter that was among the top I have had. I would definitely recommended this to anyone.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Billy S

Conroe, TX
“Great Chicken Fried Steak”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We started with Crab Stuffed Jalapenos and loved them, then came a very nice sized dinner salad. The main course was very large and I got the small one. The baked potato was great and quite large. Very good service, too. We brought half our entree home...A warning.however, the place is decorated with lots of stuffed wild creatures including a bear, alligator. And lots of antelope, deer, and elk. I had to not focus on the dead bodies to enjoy my meal !!!

• Visited August 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“Food was good, service great”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My chicken wrap was very good, the rolls were a hit at the table. My brother is a bread lover. The servers were very attentive with no problem spliting my brother and his wife's order. If you like Home Cooking type places you will like this place.

• Visited July 2014
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It always seems to happen to me!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've passed this place a bunch of times and always told myself I needed to stop and eat there. Well, out of the blue, I heard great things about this down home restaurant from a co-worker who ate there the first of the month. The co-worker said the food was great, everything tasted homemade, but in particular, you have to try the Pecan Cobbler. He said they had several flavors of cobbler, but he said the Pecan Cobbler was "off the chain." That's all it takes for a good ole Texas boy - I had to try it. I decided to take my wife there Friday for lunch. We got there and the parking lot was almost full, but that is always a good sign to me. We walked in and were greated and seated immediately. A nice little waitress, Noreen (from New York she said), came and took our drink order, gave us menus and said she'd give us a few minutes to look over the menu. As she left another server brought us a basket of mini biscuits and hush puppies. My wife and I like a little more zip in our hush puppies, but there was nothing wrong with the way these tasted. This place was packed with all sort of patrons, but Noreen came back quickly with our drinks and took our order. My wife ordered the fried chicken livers and a baked potato and I ordered the blackened catfish dinner (2 piece) with the baked potato salad and the broccoli rice casserole. It took a few minutes to get our food, but with the amount of people there, I didn't think the wait was unreasonable. Noreen brought our food and everything was delicious. My wife absolutely loved the chicken livers. She said the were cooked to perfection - no cream gravy needed. My catfish and sides were also great. We finished the meal and Noreen asked us again if we needed anything. I told her I had heard great things about the Pecan Cobbler and we wanted to try it. She looked at me like I had shot her dog. She told me they didn't have any. REALLY!!! I asked what she meant, were they just out? No, she said they no longer had any of the cobblers - peach, apple, blackberry or Pecan. Good Lord. I told her it was still on the menu. She said they had replaced the Pecan Cobbler with a pecan pie about two weeks ago and she could bring me a slice. I told her I really had my heart set on the Pecan Cobbler. I also told her I have had a piece or two of pecan pie in my life, but I really wanted to try the well spoken Pecan Cobbler. She said she was sorry, but no go on the cobbler. I was really bummed out and I told her to just bring the check. In a few minutes she came back with a piece of pecan pie with a dollop of whipped cream on top. She said she had spoken with the owner who apologized and asked that we try the pecan pie, free of charge. I thanked her for going to the trouble. My bubble had been popped, but my wife insisted we try the pie. I have to admit, it was very good, but it is still a pecan pie - I know, hardly available anywhere else in the State of Texas! I paid the check and on the way out (I had to) I turned around and asked to speak with the owner. He happened to be at the front counter and we discussed the Pecan Cobbler vs. the pecan pie. He asked me if I liked the pecan pie. I told him the pecan pie was fine, but unlike the pie, one of the few places in Texas I knew to get an "off the chain" Pecan Cobbler was right where I was standing. Why change a good thing when it tastes great and people ask for it? He did say he would think about it putting it back on the menu. That's all I can ask. Overall, great restaurant with great food. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited July 2014
La Porte, Texas
“Excellent Service and Outstanding Food”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My business partner stopped into Southern Komfort Kitchen after a long meeting, and the owner and staff took excellent care of us. From the moment we sat down, service was impeccable. The food was timely, fresh and it tasted incredible. The owner even stopped by to make sure everything was perfect. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited June 2014
DwayneSKK, Owner at Southern Komfort Kitchen Restaurant & Catering, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you so much for this great review! You all are welcome back anytime!