“Best Restaurant by far in the Clear Lake Area!!!!!”

Southern Komfort Kitchen Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in La Porte
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Southern Komfort Kitchen, in La Porte, TX, we prepare food from scratch -- like Grandma used to make. Southern American food done the old-fashioned way.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

You have got to try this place! My family and I (myself, husband and 2 teenaged sons) definitely give Southern Komfort Kitchen a 5 star rating for all of the important things such as wait staff (very attentive, professional and fast), cleanliness, prices, nice-sized portions, atmosphere (lodge feeling) and most importantly....awesome food! Give this place a try - we can assure you that you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We visited Southern Komfort Kitchen for the first time on the recommendation of a customer of my husbands. My husband ordered a large order of chicken fried chicken with grilled veg. and French fries while I ordered an 8oz sirloin steak with loaded mashed potatoes and mac & cheese. The food was absolutely delicious! The chicken looked liked it was hand breaded and my steak was so tender and very flavorful. Everything we ate was great! We feel the prices were very reasonable for the food we received. The staff was extremely friendly, including the owner, who visited our table. The customer service was EXCELLENT! The exotic wildlife, fishing, and hunting decor was absolutely amazing. It was very relaxing and and enjoyable dinner date as husband and wife. We highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for good, fresh, home cooking meals. We live 35 mins away and will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Biggest and Best Fish Tacos I have been served anywhere! A whole filet of perfectly seasoned and grilled fish in each tortilla. The fish was honestly hanging out of both ends. The free sample of Elk Brochette I was given was amazing. All of the food was thoroughly cooked yet remained moist and juicy. These people clearly know how to do good food. After eating part of the fish from one taco I remembered to use my old junk phone to take a picture. It does not do the food justice but you get the idea.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were in from out of town and the day before, my friend said that we HAD to go to a new restuarant for their chicken fried steak!!! We went at 1pm on a Sunday and the Church Crowd was there!!! As busy as they were, the wait wasn't long at all. Everybody's food was great and the service staff is so friendly!!! We WILL be going back!!!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The 17 mile trip is worth the time and expense. Best service staff of any restaurant I know. All the staff are working to making your experince enjoyable. I'm hooked on the tilapia. The wife is working her way through the menu. Try the cobbler.