“Plesant and confortable”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in La Porte
Reviewed May 24, 2009

We stayed one night to attend a business meeting the next morning in Deer Park. The hotel is in an industrial area so it doesn’t offer any lovely view. Our room was large with a minimum décor; offering a dining area with a table and four chairs as well as a microwave oven, a mini-refrigerator, and a coffee maker.

I was disappointed when I found out our room was next to the elevator. I also noticed children’s voices and running noises from the hallway. We arrived late and were very tired and didn’t have the energy to go back and plea to change the room so I assumed worst. But it turned out neither the elevator noise nor the children’ noise bothered us at all. I am a light sleeper and I don’t expect to have a good night’s sleep especially when I am on the road so that was a pleasant surprise. My husband said the free Wi-Fi was easy to connect and high speed.

The breakfast bar provided the usual hot and cold breakfast items and fully stocked. The dining area had plenty of tables and chairs and was clean.

We had pleasant and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank SWMDL60

Reviewed August 15, 2008

This hotel was great for my short two day stay. I stayed here for business and i was surprised for a comfort suites which i never stayed before. They offered a hot breakfast in the morning which was nice and convient. The rooms were very clean and spacious. They offered plenty of towels, ammenities and lighting in the room. The beds were comfortable and offered alot of pillows which i like. They also have a pool, hot tub and workout room which i used and was very clean as well. The staff was very nice and friendly. I highly reccomend this hotel in laporte tx

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank heatherNkyle0827
Reviewed February 26, 2008

This was a clean, convenient hotel with a friendly staff. Excellent starter breakfast with eggs, breakfast meats, waffles, juices, gourmet coffee and more. Safe and secure parking. The king room was spacious with all the amenities - fridge, coffee, microwave, dining table, jetted tub, separate living room with sofa bed, desk, tv and data ports. Bedding was clean and comfortable. Good free wi-fi. We were there for business and used points from reward program, but the Senior rate is around $98 which is very reasonable for the service and style. Other guests were pre-cruise guests and this is indeed convenient to the ports. Just around the corner is Baytown Seafood for a good seafood dinner.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cathy5, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2008

My staff and I would like to take a minute to say thank you to you for your comments. We strive to make sure our guest are satisfied. Customer service is what it is all about.

If our guest are happy then we are.
Thanks again for visiting our hotel.

Reviewed September 16, 2007

Comfort Suites is a very nice property. The hotel can be a little tricky to get to from the exit but it is convenient to the highway. The lobby is impressive and the hot breakfast bar is excellent. They change the menu day to day and they even have bold coffee with the regular coffee. The business center had two PCs with Internet access plus a printer available.

The rooms are huge. As far as being a suite it is more than just a sleeper sofa smashed in a regular room. It has a distinct living and sleeping area. The beds are very comfy and the pillows are good. The TV had just a bit of interference on the audio but they had plenty of channels (though HBO was blacked out). Overall the rooms were very clean.

The bathroom was just fine. I could tell it was remodeled but that's a good thing because it feels like it was remodeled the right way. I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2007

You'll note in a previous review, we have stayed here many times and the property was in need of a facelift. We were pleasantly surprised at the improvements. This hotel is now a non-smoking facility and all carpets, bedding, draperies, upholstery, etc. have been replaced. The breakfast is exceptional for a freebie featuring scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits, etc. and fully-cooked, not nuked. The only downside on this trip was the hotel was sold out with little league baseball players and their parents and was extremely noisey, but that was not the fault of management. We will continue to stay at Comfort Suites - La Porte when visiting family in the area. It's a good value and the much-needed facelift makes it even more so. Having stayed at the Holiday Inn Express next door, which opened in Dec. 2006, we saved a considerable amount of money, got a better breakfast, and the bed linens were identical - ha!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2007

From the moment I arrived I felt that this hotel was special and I was not disappointed by my first impression. The check was great they made me feel very welcome. I got an excellent firstr floor room and it was imaculate. The pool nearby was a comfortable temperature and the hot tub was great and, again, just the right temperature. All the employees were veryh helpful. The guest laundry was very cleanb and all the machines worked and it is right next to the work out room, which also was spotless. Breakfast was hot and plentiful. The buffet is kept open until 10AM and hot coffee all day. Had a nice kitchen-ette in the room that was spotless. The help maintains the properthy well and are pleasant and helpful with good directions ot the are attractions and suggestions for what to see and where to eat. Not only would I stay there again, I would recommend it. Free internet and local calls were enjopyed.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2007

We stayed here before leaving on our cruise in December and it is still great. The breakfast was nice. I had stayed with my wife and three children in a Comfort Suite hotel before and I like the room layout they provide. This hotel had the same floor plan but I swear it was larger. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family