“Really great place for the price”

La Quinta Inn Houston La Porte
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in La Porte
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I would highly recommend this place. It was great, clean and a great value. I also felt very safe. It was centrally located to the two location I had to go for work. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was more comprehensive than I thought. I loved that they let us use actual hangers instead of the ringed hangers which cut into my clothes at another hotel establishment which ruined a few of my dress shirts for work. So I was glad that La Quinta had real hangers.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were visiting the San Jacinto Battleground and Battleship Texas and wanted lodging nearby at a reasonable price. After looking at reviews of lodging in the general area, this seemed to be a good choice. The price was considerable better than comparable motels.

We were very pleased with the choice. We stayed in Room 207. It appeared to have been recently redone as the paint was fresh, the carpet looked appeared new and was clean, the furnishings were in excellent condition, the beds were comfortable and the linens were clean and neatly made. The bathroom was in equally good condition. There was no sign of mold as a few have reported.

The room had a compact refrigerator and microwave oven. It also had free high speed internet access which we did not use and a new flat panel TV. The only negative thing I could say about the room was a missing light bulb in one of the bedside lamps.

The exterior had recently been painted and the areas we saw were clean and well maintained. It has a good sized swimming pool which we also did not use. The lobby and adjacent breakfast area were neat and clean. The breakfast was basic but adequate and included waffles, hot and cold cereal, muffins, toast, fresh fruit, coffee, hot tea and milk. We had no problems but I could see a shortage of tables on a busy morning.

We had reservations so the check in was smooth but the next morning when I went to check out, there was a sign at the desk that the attendant was temporally away helping a guest. I waited for five minutes or so before giving up and left the key card in the room and departed. They need more staff during the morning departure hours.

Overall this was an excellent stay for the price.

Room Tip: Although Room 207 overlooked a sea food restaurant noise was no problem.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank zcaver
A La Quinta traveler
Florence, Mississippi
Reviewed February 25, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here for one night as a place to crash prior to leaving on our cruise the next day to the western riviera on Princess Cruise line. What a DUMP. Worst night ever. Room key electronic reader was broken. Night manager had to let us in. Once inside the room smelled like a swampy cigarette ashtray. Found dead bed bugs and hairs between the mattress and box spring. As luck would have it, the place was sold out. It was late (10pm) and we ended up stuck in the nasty room with two kids. Luckily my in-laws were in another room and they kept our luggage. Sleep sucked, the rottweiler in the room below barked anytime someone walked by their room. We got the heck out of there and on the cruise ship. Where we got to spend the first 4 hours doing laundry because all of the clothes that were in that room smelled like the swampy ashtray. What a pit, I complained and got a "sorry" from the clerk. If your flying into Houston and looking for a place to stay prior to heading to the cruise terminal, then I would suggest staying in a place by the airport (Hobby) and taking a shuttle to the terminal the next day. There are better hotels to choose from around there.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Curtis B
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

This is a very average property for a LaQuinta. However if you are unhappy you can contact the manager Ann. She is awesome and first rate. She is working hard to get this place up to snuff. I had mold in the bathroom and sent bet an email. She personally cleaned that bathroom. Now THAT is impressive leadership. Show them you aren't afraid to do what you are asking them to do. We'll go back for our third visit the next time we are in the area. Rock on Ann!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Critic53
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Filthy accommodations. I stayed in room 226. I probably removed 7 years of my life after this one night stay. Mold on the walls, strange blood stain on the wall, black mold COVERING the bed skirt in between the matress. I typically always look for bed bugs, thus the reason I pulled the matress back. I booked it on Hotwire for 71/night. Grossly overpriced and not a 3 star hotel.
I took pictures to send to their GM.

I also found a tortilla chip near the edge of the bed growing green thick fuzzy mold. So disgusting.

Room Tip: All exterior entrances and questionable area. Did not feel safe as a woman traveling alone.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank D T
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here 4 nights and visited with my grandkids who live nearby. Loved the pool, the staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was cool and clean and there were lots of restaurants within walking distance; both fast food and better fare. My room faced the pool on the second floor, and I had no road noise or noise from other guests, I slept like a log. Grocery store just 1/2 mile west, and I had a little fridge and microwave in my room. Will stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
#5 of 14 in La Porte
WoodSpring Suites Houston La Porte
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites La Porte

Been to La Quinta Inn Houston La Porte? Share your experiences!