“Okay if you have pets, smells!”

La Quinta Inn Houston La Porte
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in La Porte
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is an older hotel and all the doors are located on the outside. Upon arriving, our room smelled of a dirty wet dog. Lady at front desk said all the rooms are pet friendly. Looked at another room and it smelled very musty. After getting deordorizers going for several hours, we could tolerate the room. Beds were comfortable, but there were dead bugs in the room and I found live spiders in the morning. Not a very clean place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank bjwalter555

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed 8 nights at this La Quinta and was very dissatified with housekeeping. You only get two cleaning times if you stay more than a week. We checked in on weds. so we choose Fri and mon., Friday the housekeeping stay woke us up and we recieved no service, Monday we waited in lobby and the bed was the only thing cleaned, Tables and bathroom was not wiped down or cleaned, no vacuuming the place was starting to become a pig sty with 3 small children and beach hopping. The outside of the facility was not much better you could see where guests had taken the continental breakfast back to their rooms dripping syrup, coffee and everything else and not one time did it get cleaned up. the stairs were so sticky my daughter fell when her sandal got stuck. I fell in the lobby on the wet tile probably from pool guests using restroom. You could see the front desk staff mopping after breakfast and the pile of dirt mopped into corners and by the door. Dirty, Dirty location.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank wallers3
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I had a great experience staying here. The staff was very helpful and always available. It didn't seem like he even slept, I saw him around day and night, and when I needed to leave early at 4am and get a refund for the rest of my planned stay (Do to heat stroke and jelly fish bite, not because of the hotel in any way) he was very helpful and understanding. The room was very clean and pleasant, as was the pool, plus the only place around that let my dog stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ChikaraHeart
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I had stayed at this hotel a quite a few times. The last time I stayed was over 4 months. Had a laptop stolen, jewelry stolen. And when reported to front desk. They said the would contact Risk Management. Gave the front desk copies from La Porte Police department. When contacted by risk management. They kindly reminded me of the "Not responsible for items left in room." Well when you are working 7 days a week 12 to 16 hours a day. Staying out of town.... Are you supposed to take all your items to work? They do allow pets to be here. The rooms do smell like the mildew that everyone is speaking of. But if you stay there for a while.... You will hardly notice it. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance of the motel. A bar across the road for those who would like to go out after coming in from work.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
7  Thank SkyHawkofTexas
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I travel a lot and stay at dozens of hotels/motels. The rooms smelled awful and the carpets were wet and dirty. The A/C was not working well and the towels were brownings.. eww. There were roaches in the rooms and the staff wasnt very helpful. I check in (usually in the evenings) and leave at 5 AM and dont come back till after 6PM, my company paid for the room, so I just thought I'd suck it up. I bring my PS3 and am playing a game before bed. I turn it off and go to bed, when I come back the next day the game is gone! I carry a small binder of games and one other new one is missing along with my remote. I notice immediately and go to the front desk. They tell me they think they know which housekeeper is responsible and THAT'S IT!! NOTHING ELSE. OH AND THE MANAGER IS ON "VACATION"!! HOPEFULLY HER ROOM STINKS AND HER [--] GETS STOLEN... MAYBE THEN SHE'D UNDERSTAND.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
6  Thank mlr2009
Reviewed August 5, 2009

my family and i picked lq in la porte, tx for vacation purposes. we traveled 300 miles to stay in this particular motel, in this location. we were told it was five min. from a beach park. it was the whole purpose of staying there. well to our dismay, there was a park beach, you just couldn't swim in it. it was fenced off. the receptionist told us that the only place to swim was in galveston (another 40 m. south). saddened we went to our rooms and realized that our toilet does not flush. the overhead light in the bathroom does not work along with 3 of the four lamps in our room. when we called the front desk to tell of our toilet situtation, her response was that they have no maintenence man until morning and to use our trash can to dump water in it to flush. (yuck!) of course they came in the next morning to fix it, but broke again two days later. lq does not change sheets everyday, so if you want them changed, you leave a postcard on top of your bed. they graciously leave one in your room to use. in my experience there, it does not matter if you put it on your bed, your sheets will not be changed. i know this because my daughter had stained the sheets on our 1st night there and that same stain was there the morning we left. we stayed at this lq for three nights. the beds were hard, but supposedly they were new (according the head housekeeper). breakfast was okay. they had waffle batter half the time. the trash was spilling over onto the floor. the pool was great, if you liked cleaning it out yourself. all in all when we went to check out and tell of our fraustrations. the manager had just left to go on her vacation. we were told to be expecting a call from her by the following monday. it's been two weeks and no phone call. i would not recommended this lq in this location ever. Ever.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank gray_Jy
Reviewed May 29, 2009

This was the worst motel I ever stayed in . I work for a road local 669 . I'm telling all my union brothers and sisters don't stay there . Our room smelt like MOLD when I went to the front desk to ask if they could do something about it . She said NO . We found brillo pad all over the carpet . There was cars driving around in the parking lot all night .Playing real loud GANGSTER RAP music .Our t.v was out so I went to the front desk to ask to get it fixed the lady got mad because she do some work . Then she came to the room like a crazy gorrilla . Telling I had to leave or she will call the police . So I left and she told the police I asulted her .( which was a lie) .She was just lazy .

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
#6 of 14 in La Porte
WoodSpring Suites Houston La Porte
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites La Porte

Been to La Quinta Inn Houston La Porte? Share your experiences!