Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Texas City / La Marque
$65
$96
$79
$80
Motel 6 Texas City(Texas City)
$72
Motel 6
$100
Hotels.com
$89
$85
Fairfield Inn & Suites Texas City(Texas City)(Great Value!)
$84
$76
Quality Inn(Texas City)
$100
$85
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 4, 2013

the king size bed was very stiff, the hallway smelled like smoke, the TV was an old dinosaur about 19inch, the continental breakfast was so so, and of course the price was jacked up cause of the bike rally. 2 nights cost me 250.00 . I've spent less than that at Best Westerns and they're a lot nicer. On the plus side its set back away from the highway a bit so its nice and quite, staff was very friendly, rooms were very clean and well stocked. I'm hoping to go back to Galveston next year for the bike rally again, and if I cant find any where closer to stay (its 13 miles from Galveston) I would stay there again. All in all its ok.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed for a weekend in August 2013. This location was easily accessible from the highway. The staff member at check in was polite and friendly and we were given an upgrade to a room with a microwave and refrigerator. Although we requested a non-smoking room, our room smelled of smoke and there were cigarette burns on the bed cover. The common areas and hallways also smelled of smoke. The paint in the bathroom was peeling and there were other signs of neglect. On the positive side, the bed was comfortable and the room was relatively quiet, despite being a weekend. The pool was well maintained and nice for an afternoon swim. There was a free breakfast offered in the morning, consisting of bagels, donuts, coffee and juice. I did not feel unsafe or uncomfortable as described in several other reviews. Overall, this location was an adequate and less expensive place to stay adjacent to Galveston, without paying island prices.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel has large rooms and suites. Customer service is excellent. It has a nice pool to take a lovely dip at night. It only has a continetal breakfast, but a bar to enjoy music in. Its only 15 minutes from Galveston Beaches.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My room smelled like pee, people and animal pee. The shower does not get hot. Only one burner of the stove worked. The drawers do not pull out and cannot be shoved back in. I wore my clothes to bed and kept my shoes on while I walked around. And the non-smoking rooms have definitely been smoked in.

When I advised I was checking out 2 nights into a 1 week stay, I was offered another better room. And I thought, well if you had a better room, why didn't you put me there to begin with????
When I told them why I was leaving, they changed rate from $37/night for 1 week stay rate to $64.67/night. so $194 total for 3 nights.

The continental breakfast is just breads...bread to make toast, cereal, oatmeal, biscuits. No fruit, no meat, no eggs, no yogurt or whatever else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Wasn't the best place and thought, maybe I made a mistake when I pulled up. But, I thought it was fine and compared to the prices at other hotels it was great. We stopped there on the way to a cruise and just wanted a place to sleep for the night. We booked late and all the hotels closer where at least twice the price. There wasn't alot of choices for breakfast, but it was fine for me. The room was outdated but clean and I thought it was great for what we wanted. If you just want a place to sleep, it's good for the price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family