Best Western La Grange Inn & Suites
$69
Hampton Inn La Grange(La Grange)(Great Value!)
$141
The Oak Motel(La Grange)(Great Value!)
$85
HIExpress.com
Cottonwood Inn(La Grange)
Agoda.com
Agoda.com
All reviewssausageroom was cleanreal eggstexas wafflesstaff was friendlyeasy accessdesk clerkyogurtnice hotelmicro wavethe young ladypower planthit or misschecking outlooked cleanmajor highwaycountry hotel
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I usually try to find a motel in the $30 range, but tonight it had been a long day and I didn't want to spend a lot of time so it came down to ... location, location, location. (I could find it)
The place was very nice, every bit first class. The room is 'plush,' plenty of quilts in this room, every thing is clean, hot water. Other than me being cheap, there is no reason not to stay here again.
By looking very hard, I was able to find one issue. The paint in the bathroom has started to run in one spot. Couldn't tell if that was from the original paint room or from ?? But it in no way effected the quality of the room

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Stayed here on Sat. night of the Fayette county fair. Hotel was packed. Plenty of hot water. Breakfast had eggs and biscuits as well as waffles and pastries. Beds comfortable. Lots of parking. Nice pool. no hot tub.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2009

Booked a room and the women on phone indiated she had just started. She took forever getting our reservation information. They day we were scheduled to arrive I called just to be sure all was in order only to find they did not have our reservation. They rebooked us and we arrived as scheduled that evening only to find out that they had us down for the night before and charged us for a no show! Now I have two pending charges on my VISA card for my one nights stay. What a mess!! We rented the suite because we had kids. No sheets for pullout were available in room. The kingsize bed was very uncomfortable. The only thing I found appealing about this hotel was that they had fresh hot waffles for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Had a wedding in a nearby town and needed a place to stay overnight. Not really a lot to choose from in the area as far as a name brand chain goes.
Hotel was nice enough. Paid $89 (AAA) which I feel was a bit too high for the property and location. Normal price would have been $99 at the time.
Has exercise room with three machines, outside pool (small), free continental breakfast, business center with one computer/internet access. I did not use any other form of internet connection (e.g. wireless), so I cannot comment on that.
Hotel is on the access road off the highway. Nothing nearby within walking distance.
All in all, was a good stay but nothing special. Hotel is clean and I believe only a few years old. Staff was adequate but that's about it. I don't really have anything negative to say about the property, just nothing special.
If I needed to stay in the area again, I would choose this hotel simply because there are not many other choices. The nearby town of Schulenburg (20 min) also has a Best Western but it is a bit more expensive. Again, I guess if there is not much competition, you don't have to offer low rates.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank pepper21
Reviewed January 29, 2009

Would definitely come back. This is not the Hyatt but a good quality Best Western. The room was very clean and very functional. The desk had five power outlets that didn't require my climbing under the desk, which I truly appreciated. The bed was just right as I find many hotel beds to be way too soft.

The free breakfast was nothing to write home about but they have a waffle maker.

The downsides:
- No restaurant/bar in the hotel or in walking distance
- As another reviewer pointed out, the wireless signal is too weak to be useful but there's a free high-speed ethernet port in every room.
- It's in La Grange -- but I guess you don't come here for vacation...

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)