“This was a super great activity for our...”
Review of Jersey Barnyard

Jersey Barnyard
Ranked #4 of 23 things to do in La Grange
More attraction details
Owner description: Working dairy and farm which hosts tours and has a petting area.
Reviewed February 17, 2010

This was a super great activity for our family. The farm was terrific and the owners were incredibly kind and wonderful!

Reviewed February 7, 2010

My friend and I visited this farm this past weekend and it was excellent. If you come here, you should get the guided tour. We get to feed goats, ducks chicken, and calf. The animals there are very friendly, looks healthy, and tame. The hay ride is a lot longer than we expected. We got introduced to the whole cow milking operations that they have and of course, get to milk a cow. We were city folks so we don't know much about the farming life at all. After this tour, we appreciate the tremendous hard work that they go through everyday so we can have milk. Thank you Jersey Barnyard! If only you are closer to Houston, we would love to visit more often. Highly recommended for kids and adults.

3  Thank WayneNg
Reviewed November 24, 2009

We enjoyed this barnyard tour very much. The family and staff was very welcoming. My son got to feed all kinds of animals and touch them. He even bottle fed a calf. We learned alot about a dairy farm and how it works. My favorite thing I got to do was milk a cow...this was a first for me!! My son enjoyed that as well. We spent about 2 1/2 hours there and enjoyed the entire time. Got some really neat pictures with the animals and met some really wonderful people. We would definately go back!! My son didn't want to leave. Thanks so much to the Frerichs for sharing their farm with us!! Had a great time.

1  Thank Cindy E
Reviewed November 8, 2009

The kids liked to feed the animals, but the cages, pens and grounds were really in dismail condition! Lots of mud, weeds, flies, smelly, filty conditions in some of the animal pens. Maybe in it's heyday this was a great attraction to bring kids to, but it almost seemed that the staff was bored with the whole thing. For what we had to pay to go on the "tour", it was a big disappointment and we'll never go back.

2  Thank txtripper22
TheJerseyBarnyard, Owner at Jersey Barnyard, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2015

I am sorry it has taken so many years to respond to this. I had always wanted to and have had the time to figure out the response process. I am not making excuses and I know there have been times when our farm has needed work. Farming has its challenges and 2009 was a very difficult year in many ways, milk price, drought, feed costs etc. I will not go into details on that but you are welcome to call and I would love to visit with you. The greater problem during the time you visited was what we were dealing with personally. We lost our son in a car accident in 2008. Aug of 2009 it all resurfaced with the loss of our best friend's son, and when you visited our farm we were out of town because my husband's sister had just lost her daughter. Your review was helpful in that it reminded us that life has to go on even when it's really difficult. In fact, I made a copy of your review and posted it on the wall so employees know the importance of their job. So... we started to try to get our act back together. Thank you for visiting our farm. We are currently in the process of making a lot of improvements and we hope you can stop in again sometime.

Reviewed July 14, 2009

Open and welcoming family farm. Great friendly staff. Lots of tame animals to interact with. Fun hayride and educational Dairy milking station. We fed the animals and milked a cow. My three year old had a great time and my 15 and 16 year old nieces loved the trip. If you’re tired of NASA and want to do something that won’t break your checkbook within 1 ½ hour drive (Houston), come here. We took 290 back to Houston and also stopped by the Blue Bell Plant in Brenham. A great day of fun..

1  Thank dccooper