“Some good, some bad...”

Applebee's
Ranked #19 of 80 Restaurants in Kyle
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

My Steak Marsala was hood, thougah a bit watery. Mom ordered a roast beef sandwich....which was so greasy she had to send it back and ordered a grilled cheese. And that had a lot o cheese on it.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

A new restaurant in town - we were so excited. Then we received free kid meal tickets from school for prefect attendance so we went to try it out. I'm glad part of our meal was free because it was terrible. My food was cold, not even warm. The kids didn't even finish their meals. The waitstaff was nearly nonexistent. Drinks were empty nearly the whole time we were there. We will likely not return, even if we have free kid meal tickets again.

1  Thank einahpetsm
Reviewed May 21, 2013

new restaurant in Kyle Tx - great food and service. Very helpful waitress and good value for food. Easy to get to

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I found the review before mine very helpful. This is just like they said. It has been open about 3 weeks. Everything is nice and clean. This is helpful for those of you like me who like clean places with clean bathrooms :). So let's get to it: We had the 2 for $20 dinner special. It was okay. The food is average. I think their specialties have always been appetizers, salad, drinks, and desert.
The waitress was friendly and the service was fairly fast. We left as a family of 4 adults without desert or alcoholic drinks for less than $50. In a nut shell, it is a fairly decent place with enough variety to eat as a family and not break your budget.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Though this is a 'chain' & a franchise...its not that special. However, its very convenient (right off the 35 freeway) with our special HEB grocery that has a lot (as is a 'super' store or a 'plus'...like WalMart!) just across the street. Applebee's has some good specials though. We had the 2 for 1 (incl. drink) off the '55 + choice/menu'. Now I must mention that we (husb./wife) are used to a low-sodium diet, btw! We both felt that there was way too much salty sandwiches/fries. We do 'go out' to various restaurants weekly & compare this food to other places. We do realize that many restaurants have saltier food/s than we're used to...but we felt that 'toning down' the salt would be helpful/better. My husband said he could taste that they should have changed the oil more frequently (had a Reuben sandwich). He has a good 'taster' & mentioned to me that it almost tasted rancid, but then decided that the oil being changed more often was more likely the problem. Since this restaurant only opened a week prior to our going there...maybe they have to 'get the bugs out'...being kind! Don't get me wrong...the food was tasty otherwise. Now...the really good choices (as I've had at other Applebee's) would include the 'soup/salads/bread combo' for $6.99...& 'all you can eat' for the one price! I esp. like the Shrimp salad (but will order the dressing on the side next time, as it was 'swimming' in dressing & affected my stomach later).

1  Thank Barbara S

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!