“Great pie for the long drive down I-35.”
Review of Texas Pie Company

Texas Pie Company
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Kyle
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I hit Kyle after a long Friday afternoon in one traffic jam after another down I-35. I had read about Texas Pie Co. from Roadfood.com and had always wanted to stop. I figured now was as good a time as any.

Their specialty is small individual pies, and they're great! I had a lemon chess pie with a very flaky crust and a flavor that was the right balance between tart and sweet.

My disappointement was that I'd already eaten dinner. Their menu of regular food was very enticing, lots of homemade comfort food - beef stroganoff, King Ranch casserole. Next time, I'll plan on eating dinner and staying for pie!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

In this world of health consciousness, sometimes you just need a piece of pie - so it needs to be a fabulous splurge. Well, this is one of those places to satisfy that craving and leave with a happy tummy. My husband and I each bought one of the individual pies, which is actually two servings. He had cherry pie and I had the apple crumble (hey, it had fruit in it, does that count as healthy?) The crust is flaky and perfect - the measure of a great pie. My pie craving is satisfied - for now.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I gp here often to get home cooked meals that are frozen. Cook or freeze. Easy instructions. And don't forget to get some pie too!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have been to Texas Pie Company several times and have never had a bad experience. You can usually get in and out of there for under $10 and the food is pretty good.

Their menu is more than just pie; they offer sandwiches and other bakery items as well. Most of the bakery items are pretty good although the cookies and brownies sometimes taste as if they are store bought. The pie on the other hand is amazing!

The staff has always been friendly and the service has been great. I have no issue returning over and over to give them my business.

1  Thank Mike3887
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Amazing, pies, all of them... Cherry, apple, key lime, coconut almond joy.. those are just my favorites. Makes a great gift for any gift basket. Show someone some love and share one of these pies.. These pies are addicting.

Been to Texas Pie Company? Share your experiences!