“Super Staff -”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kyle - Austin South
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kyle
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The most outstanding feature was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff - especially the front desk reception. Throughout our three night stay they not only made sure any issues were quickly taken care of, but their recommendations on local events and restaurants were superb, and their sense of humor was a definite plus!!!

The room was larger than expected (twin Queen). The only minor grip with the room was the TV remote only partially worked - however the front desk receptionist came up personally and brought us a new one. The furnishings are new. The room was very clean.

The free breakfast was adequate and what was to be expected in this class of hotel. They kept the buffet full and fresh. No complaints.

We will come back if we return to the area in the future.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Laredo
Reviewed December 3, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Breezy, Virginia and Barbara the GM are absolutely wonderful. I stayed here instead of the La Quinta in San Marcos because of their bad reviews. The room was exceptionally clean, the breakfast was hot and good, and the staff are very personable. Barbara has an awesome team at this location. If you have a choice and are visiting any of the neighboring cities book your room at this La Quinta!

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel back in August of this year, travelling with my family and two friends on our way back from México. I initially didn't write a review, because we spent almost no time in the hotel, having arrived after 10:00 PM and leaving first thing in the morning. But, I've decided to post my review to show how consistently good this hotel is. I had also posted on a motel in San Marcos motel (the EconoLodge) that I would be trying a different town next time, and wanted to express how much better our experience was at this La Quinta.

First of all, let me say that the good reviews on TripAdvisor led me to reserve at this hotel. Even though I knew we would get in a later than usual, and even though it's more expensive than where we had been staying on our regular trips, the stellar reviews made me think it was worth it. Let me also say that I plan to stay here again on our next trip, which will probably be in early June.

Reserving over the phone was easy, and the clerk was very friendly (I think it was Virginia, the same lady another reviewer mentioned had helped with a stuck trailer hitch). The day of check-in, after crossing back over the border on our way north, I called to confirm our reservation and advise of a late arrival, and received the same friendly service. We arrived late at night, after 10:00 PM, and I was greeted by two friendly ladies at the front desk—not just one, as might be expected late at night. I say "friendly", but "perky" or "chipper" might be more accurate (actually a little over the top IMHO, but that's just me). Check-in was a breeze, and they gave easy directions to our room. We didn't need any extra assistance during our stay, but I did see the clerks working with an air mattress; a guest had apparently had some issues with it, and the staff was cheerfully assisting. The overall atmosphere was that they were happy to help anyone in whatever way they could.

We didn't use any other amenities—breakfast, pool, nothing—but the hotel looked like the kind of place that has excellent amenities all around.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Tyler, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 21, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyle
Hampton Inn Kyle
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's
Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel
Quality Inn and Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Kyle - Austin South? Share your experiences!