“Pet Friendly was what we needed”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kyle - Austin South
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kyle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Wichita, KS
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel back in August of this year, travelling with my family and two friends on our way back from México. I initially didn't write a review, because we spent almost no time in the hotel, having arrived after 10:00 PM and leaving first thing in the morning. But, I've decided to post my review to show how consistently good this hotel is. I had also posted on a motel in San Marcos motel (the EconoLodge) that I would be trying a different town next time, and wanted to express how much better our experience was at this La Quinta.

First of all, let me say that the good reviews on TripAdvisor led me to reserve at this hotel. Even though I knew we would get in a later than usual, and even though it's more expensive than where we had been staying on our regular trips, the stellar reviews made me think it was worth it. Let me also say that I plan to stay here again on our next trip, which will probably be in early June.

Reserving over the phone was easy, and the clerk was very friendly (I think it was Virginia, the same lady another reviewer mentioned had helped with a stuck trailer hitch). The day of check-in, after crossing back over the border on our way north, I called to confirm our reservation and advise of a late arrival, and received the same friendly service. We arrived late at night, after 10:00 PM, and I was greeted by two friendly ladies at the front desk—not just one, as might be expected late at night. I say "friendly", but "perky" or "chipper" might be more accurate (actually a little over the top IMHO, but that's just me). Check-in was a breeze, and they gave easy directions to our room. We didn't need any extra assistance during our stay, but I did see the clerks working with an air mattress; a guest had apparently had some issues with it, and the staff was cheerfully assisting. The overall atmosphere was that they were happy to help anyone in whatever way they could.

We didn't use any other amenities—breakfast, pool, nothing—but the hotel looked like the kind of place that has excellent amenities all around.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
boynton beach, florida
Reviewed October 10, 2013

There are so many good things to report about this place! I'll list a few here.
First off - it's clean. Consistently clean. There were always smies on the housekeeping staff. That's refreshing to see.
Second - the front desk staff is super friendly and helpful. I had one worker who went beyond the call of duty when she went out in the parking lot to help me with my trailer hitch which was stuck and I couldn't get it off. Thank you again, Virginia! Your the best!
Third - I left my laptop power cord in the room and didn't notice it till two days later. When I called they said they would check with housekeeping and get back to me, which they did. Not only was it there but they billed my c.c. and mailed it out to me just a few days later.
Some other little pluses:
There is more than one washer and dryer which helps a lot if more than one person wants to wash clothes.
Wonderful little kitchen area for breakfast (didn't use it but it looked nice)
Pool area was clean (didn't use it)
Big field next door to walk your dog.

Downsides: The bed in our room rolled to the center.
The entrance is easy to miss, especially at night.

We will be staying here again on our next journey to San Marcos.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bells, Texas
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have stayed many nites here for work...I have always been warmly welcomed and had a great time..Nice place to stay and explore the surrounding towns near by...Nice staff....If you are a music freak you can go to Austins famous 6th Street for any type of music you desire...Also there are many good eating places around downtown...

Room Tip: Large and comfortable is what I like and good TV channels along with a nice workout room..Nearby eat...