“Comfort and Friendliness”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kyle
A TripAdvisor Member
“Comfort and Friendliness”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was travelling with my family and we were exhausted when we arrived late at the Inn. The lady at the desk was so friendly she made us feel very welcome. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The staff was friendly and provided excellent service. A place you can not pass up in staying have stayed at this hotel on other occasions and service continues to be GREAT!!!!!! Price and value. Worth it

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Fort Worth
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Dear Gentle Readers:

My husband and I stayed here three nights for a wedding we attended that was held in a nearby venue. We chose the location for the wedding, but the hotel itself was exactly suited to our needs.

At the last minute, we needed to bring our two small, well behaved Chihuahuas. They were welcomed along with us at no extra charge! (We did have to fill out an agreement to pay for damages if they were naughty!) The hotel provides a full, hot breakfast each morning, something else we appreciated having. Items included scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon (both on the weekend mornings), biscuits and gravy, a variety of cold cereals, hot oatmeal, fruits, and various pastries. Make-your-own waffles was a popular breakfast item for many while we were there. Coffee and two kinds of juice were also offered. A word of warning: get there for breakfast early on weekend mornings as the dining room fills up quickly!

The room had two queen beds. The bed was quite comfortable as were the pillows. The rooms include a mini-fridge and a small microwave. The bathroom was very clean and came with complimentary items such as shampoo and soap.

The personnel I encountered while there were friendly and helpful. The woman who handled breakfast did an amazing job, and worked hard to not only prepare the food, but clean tables in between parties dining in the dining area. Not an easy job!

The hotel has a great location situated right on I-35 at exit 215 just south of Austin about 10 miles. We enjoyed the stay because we had our pups with us, breakfast was included in the cost, and our room was quiet even though it was right next to the elevator.

Clean and comfy are two words I'd use to describe this location. Book without fear! We would go back anytime we are in that area.

Wimberly is nearby (about a 20-minute drive). Do not miss it if you are interested in small and quaint Hill Country villages.

Room Tip: There are more rooms than suites, so book early.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank likes2goplaces
Texas
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had to attend to business in South Austin and did not want to stay in town near the Airport. I found a great deal at the La Quinta in Kyle. I generally stay in La Quinta's because I know what to expect and the value for the money is always good.

The hotel sits by itself and has a well lighted parking lot. The staff was outstanding! I was even asked on my trip down to get more stuff from my car if my room was good, it has been a long time since I was asked that.

The room was spotless. The bed was comfortable. The noise level was satisfactory, I always seem to get a heavy footed person above me when I stay in hotels.

Breakfast was up and running at 6 am which was important as I had to head out early. Waffles and assorted cereal, sausage, eggs, yogurt, rolls and bread, plus juice, milk and coffee. No complaints.

Just down the road is a new Target and a HEB Plus to pick up any little things you might have forgot.

I will definitely stay at this La Quinta again when in South Austin.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
lafayette, louisiana
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Nice no frills hotel. Clean, quiet and friendly helpful staff.Elevator broke down on Sat. night and they quickly got it repaired.Only complaint was that hotel had only 1 entrance from I-35 service road.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cajunndave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyle
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda
Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel
Americas Best Value Inn - Buda
Quality Inn and Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Marcos

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Kyle - Austin South? Share your experiences!