“Excellent Stay, Excellent Staff”

Super 8 Kountze Big Thicket Nat'l Pres Area
Super 8 Kountze Big Thicket Nat'l Pres Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kountze

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The only reason I stayed here was because I was traveling to Big Thicket and I wanted to stay nearby. My room was on the first floor (as I requested) and I was literally 2 doors down from the lobby. I didn't hear any lobby noise at all (which was a concern after reading another review). My room wasn't the cleanest, but it was somewhat comfortable. I've slept in more comfortable beds, but this one was okay for one night. The breakfast was nothing to write home about...honestly, I think I could have done just as well or better at a vending machine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
s8kountze, General Manager at Super 8 Kountze Big Thicket Nat'l Pres Area, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
On behalf of super 8 staff we would like to Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your comments. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again next time.
Houston
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Check in was fine, although the young lady pulled to wrong guest paper work and had me signing off for a $316.00 bill instead of my $67.00 bill, otherwise it was fine. We were in room 114 which is across from the lobby, during the night the attendant had the lobby TV volume up and it woke me a couple of times, then starting at 5:00 am the attendants were starting there day with cleaning the halls & lobby (I guess) but it was noisy, I was woke up then, by 7:00 am I went ahead and got up due to all the traffic through the hall and lobby for breakfast. The room was clean, but the comforter had burns on it. The bed was not comfortable, but we were tired and it was only for one night. The bathroom was clean & shower was nice. Checked out early at 10:00 am we were just ready to leave. But you do get what you pay for, it was cheap, the only one in that town, and it was for one night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We are sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations, and look forward to your next visit to the Super 8 Kountze so that we may have the opportunity to Exceed your expectations.
Winnie, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and love it. So much so that I just booked a week for my vacation. The employees are very nice and accommodating, all you have to do is ask. All areas are very nice and clean. There is a little construction going on at the entrance. Breakfast is small but adequate, waffle and coffee are all I need. Strongly suggest eating at Mama Jack's down the road.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are happy that you found our hotel accommodating on your trip to the Kountze area. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Prattville, Alabama
Reviewed June 13, 2013

So, this is the back woods of Texas. And, yes, since there is no other choice...this will have to do. Fortunately for us, our hosts that we were visiting in the area purchased these accommodations for us. If I had spent my money, the rating would be even worse. The room was hot and sticky, the sheets and pillowcases dirty. The blanket on the bed looked like it had been chewed up and spit out. There was hair in the bed and on the towels not belonging to us. The door on the bathroom was installed and/or cut improperly so that you couldn't close the door because it collided with the toilet and prevented closure. The staff stood right outside the front entrance and woofed down cigarettes (very unappealing to arriving guests). These are just a few of the problems I had here. Yet, they charged quite a bit for this room because...as I said...there is little or no other choice for this area. Not somewhere that I'd like to stay again. Only slightly better than camping out and I don't camp out. On the positive, the pre-packaged honey buns were great (per my hubby).

Room Tip: Uh...not sure there are any tips here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your feedback! Please accept our sincere apologies that your stay did not meet with your satisfaction. We hope that you will visit Kountze again in the future, and that your next stay will be more pleasant.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kountze
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lumberton
#1 of 2 in Silsbee
Relax Inn Motel Kountze
Relax Inn Motel Kountze
#2 of 2 in Kountze

Been to Super 8 Kountze Big Thicket Nat'l Pres Area? Share your experiences!