“The perfect stay in the Big Thicket”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kountze
Ethridge Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Kountze B&B and Inns
Monschau, Germany
“The perfect stay in the Big Thicket”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

On our way through the US, we stayed 3 nights in the Cabin on Blueberry Hill, too. There's another (newer) cabin. Surrounded by wilderness and managed by a wonderful lady - it's THE place to be in the Big Thicket (unless you prefer luxury class hotels). You also may want to check out details on the website http://www.ethridgefar.... Nothing more to say.

Hello Miss Ann, a big hug from your friends from Germany.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JuppG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I went there on a weekend to get away from work. The occasion was my wife's b'day. This nice B&B is located in a converted barn on a farm. We had an amazing time with Ann making sure we were comfortable. Moreover, as I had already told her it was my wife's b'day she already had a nice bouquet waiting for her in the room. She served us a goumet meal with wine on the eve of my wife's b'day and then also hid a home made cake in a refrigerator just behind the barn for me to bring it in at 12 AM.
This B&B exceeded my expectations on all parameters. The only exception was dust but you would expect that if you are going to stay in a converted barn in the middle of a farm.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sameer_garima
Dallas, TX
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I have stayed at Ethridge Farm on all of my many trips to the Big Thicket, and my wonderful experiences at The Farm are part of what draw me back to the area. It is a true country experience, from sleeping in the Barn Room, to a delicious country breakfast, to the solitude, sounds and sights of the countryside -- a totally peaceful atmosphere. Ann and Bill are wonderful, gracious, down-home hosts, and Ann's love of cooking is one of the best parts of the package. The Barn Room isn't fancy, but it is as comfortable as an old shoe, has a TV and a private bath with shower stall (no tub). Arriving at Ethridge Farm always feels like I've just come back home again.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank TXcolumbine
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed October 19, 2008

My husband and I enjoyed a much-needed rest at this secluded country B & B. Bill and Ann Ethridge, the owners, were in residence when we were there and were so friendly and welcoming. We stayed in the Barn Hideaway, a little suite just right for two, and found it quite comfortable. (My husband thought the bathroom was a bit "rustic", I guess because it only had a shower and no tub, but it was fine.) We enjoyed Ann's home cooking and were able to pick satsumas and Meyer lemons on the grounds. (They also have blueberries in season, make and sell mayhaw jelly from their own trees, and have some fruit trees for sale.) Ann also served us a lovely candlelight dinner in our room one night. If you and your sweetheart want to get away to relax in the country and do a little hiking in the Big Thicket, check this place out.

• Liked — peaceful country atmosphere
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank heelergrl
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2008

Was unable to book a hotel room in Beaumont,TX due to the aftermath of Hurricane Ike. We found this bed and breakfast on the internet and decided to take a chance. It is very secluded - at the end of a country road. We stayed in the lodge room (two twin beds) - large room with fireplace, etc. I probably would not chose this room again because of the bed situation. However, we were able to look at the other choices. The first is a room with private bath. King bed and only bathtub (clawfoot). It is in the oldest part of the cabin. The "Cabin on Blueberry Hill" is also nice. It is the most secluded with two bedrooms; one had a king bed, the other had two twins a small kitchen area and bath. Nice porch. There is a hot tub available for an additional $15 per night. Breakfast was great with a breakfast casserole, sausage gravy, biscuits, fresh fruit and mahaw jelly. Jay (the caretaker/cook) was great. They have lots of fruit trees, etc. Very relaxing place. I would stay here again when I want a relaxing retreat.

• Liked — Jay (caretaker), location, scenery
  • Disliked — twin bed
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank bandit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kountze
Days Inn Lumberton
#1 of 1 in Lumberton
Relax Inn Motel Kountze
Relax Inn Motel Kountze
#2 of 2 in Kountze

Been to Ethridge Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!