“Room 131 has Rats”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Kingsville
Houston, Texas
“Room 131 has Rats”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I stayed here on my way back from Brownsville, Tx I stayed in Room 131 lower level back next to stairs. The room was less than expected. Bath above my room was collapsing the ceiling with dampness.. The bed was decent, room decor was lower mid class. Cleaning was not done very well with all the spider webs around fixtures. Had a nice desk, chair for PC, and eating table.

Wireless from Super 8 never worked, but luckily there was adjoining Ramada in the Parking lot and i was able to use the Ethos from Ramada...

When the sun went down, I could hear the rats/mice come out there was a closet on the wall on tv side and I could hear the rats eating grubbing around all night causing poor sleep. Then when i went to the bathroom in the morning 2 rats come running across the carpet..

Needless to say, I will not be staying here. Should probably report to the Health Department.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank apexcharter
super8ktx, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Kingsville, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review on TripAdvisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 361-592-6471.

Super 8 Kingsville, Texas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2010

This Hotel was not clean, They had not extra towels , the bathroom was dirty , the beds had not beenchanged , the floor was gross. the sheets where not clean. very dusty. I would never stay here again. I would rather sleep in my car where is it clean . They need to close and redo this hotel, or knock down and rebuild that may be better. the price was not work it at all way too over priced for this mess.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank queen1973

Super 8 Kingsville, Texas

Travelers are raving about these Kingsville hotels

Reviewed June 18, 2010

I came from across the street after getting my money back and they treated me like a queen! Very pleased and will def stay again :)

• Stayed June 2010
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear that your experience was so satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, thank you for the feedback about your stay and we hope to see you during your next visit.

Victoria, TX
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Staff was very friendly and accomodating upon check-in. Rooms were very clean, no funny smells, and extra roomy! Had a small microwave and fridge which came in handy. The only drawback was the small bath/shower/toilet. But other than that, it was a very pleasant experience. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank texas_mom77901
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear that your experience was satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We hope to see you during your next visit.

batesville indiana
Reviewed March 28, 2009

Good location for visiting Kingsville. Nice large room with fridge and microwave. Large breakfast area but minimal selection and not well maintained. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank retiredtravel
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable, but I do apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying, including your breakfast experience. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.