“Run! Manager Needs Fired!!”

Hampton Inn Kingsville
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Kingsville
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We made reservations quite some time before going to my daughter's wedding in Kingsville. I have always had a great experience with Hilton family hotels. NOT THIS TIME!

We were told at check-in that our smoking room had been given to someone else and that we would be moved to a non-smoking room. I told them I would have reserved a non-smoking room if that is what I wanted. I told them that if they put me in a non-smoking room, I would try to not smoke in it. But, I would definitely be smoking in at some time or another.

The manager told the clerk over the phone to cancel my reservation and to tell me to go stay somewhere else.

While this was going on, another guest came in and found out that their King bed room had been given to someone else and they would have to stay in a room with 2 queen beds.

The television remote didn't work and actually had a note taped to the back of it by the motel that the remote doesn't work! Good greif, fix the darn thing. Spent more time making a note for it than was spent to fix it!!

The "FREE HOT BREAKFAST" was the worst breakfast I've seen. The way it was hot is to have put it in a microwave or in the toaster!!! The coffee was terrible too.

I say run!!! Don't stay here until they get a new manager. Stay across the street in the new Holiday Inn Express that is almost complete now.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank FishingHag

Reviewed January 16, 2008

This is a new hotel. It is sparkling clean and extremely comfortable. There is wired and wireless internet service free of charge to guests. I used the wireless service and it worked just fine - good signal, fast connection.

My only negative comment is the buffet breakfast. It's okay - mainly continental-style. The hotel calls it a hot breakfast, but that's stretching it. I stayed for two nights, and the "hot" breakfast on the first morning consisted of the flattest over-hard eggs I have ever seen, and gravy for biscuits. The eggs tasted okay; can't speak for the gravy since I didn't have any. Next morning, there were waffles and sausage patties but no eggs. Didn't try the patties, but the waffles were pretty bad. Otherwise, the bagels, cereal, etc. were fine.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I called for directions on the way there from the Corpus Christi airport, and the lady who helped me was friendly. Her directions were spot on, and she even offered to stay on the line, which I declined.

All in all, a really nice place that I will stay at again, should business bring me out this way again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank TrailBlazer_7