“Run down, dirty, poor maintenance”

Hampton Inn Kingsville
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Kingsville
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Entering the room I found food on the table and in the refrigerator, and used soap in the shower. Front desk said they would take care of it, and I left to have dinner. When I returned, the items had been removed, but as it was evening the room was not cleaned. Being very tired and with an early morning appointment, I attempted to go to sleep. Very shortly I noticed the smell of vomit on the bed cover, gross. I must have been half asleep as I threw the cover off the bed and attempted to go back to sleep. Several times every hour during the night, there was a loud noise, I had assumed early on that it was highway traffic. I eventually got up and looked out the window, no traffic, it was quiet outside. I later found out the noise was coming from an a/c unit on the roof. When I told the front desk about my perils, the only thing I received was a blank look. I have stayed at this Hampton three times in the past year and it has continually gone down in quality. They claim a hot breakfast, it is hot, but it is terrible. Go to a real restaurant. Three strikes, you are out.

Room Tip: This hotel has seen better days, I stayed at Quality inn on my previous trip as the Hampton was book...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael R
hamptoncrppi, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsville, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

We checked with our staff for this incident but no one on our staff remembers anything like this thing happened. Without specific information like date of stay, it is hard for us to respond. By the way, I see our property photo on other older property which is across the street from. Tripadvisor needs to correct it as that may be the problem. Guest may have misunderstanding about staying with while staying at other property. You can see on TripAdvisor page of Kingsville Hotels our property photograph on Roadway Inn name that is misleading… We request to TripAdvisor to promptly correct it.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We were on our way to South Padre Island and needed to stay over close to arrive the next day. The night manager was extremely nice. We had found an eating place on the iphone with good reviews but he gave us another place to try. It was really good. The hotel was first class in every way. All the staff was nice. The rooms were clean and nice. This is a 5 star place if I ever seen one. They had a really nice breakfast(waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, juices, coffee, etc.) The pool is very nice also.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Alanm1951
Reviewed April 13, 2011

This hotel was new, clean with decent parking. It is right off the highway and if you miss the turn, you have to go either back on the highway or navigate several blocks up and back. When I arrived there was family of 3 ahead of me; the staff no where to be found. After several minutes, (the family tried to call the hotel) a young lady appeared from the pool area, in basically a dirty T-shirt & shorts. She did not apologize for making us all wait. I checked in with no delays. The room was okay, clean sheets, towels. The TV sound was TERRIBLE, i had to have it so loud to hear but then it was so fuzzy/bad I stopped. The Door to the closet was a mirror, upon opening it, It came OFF the hinges and almost off the wall. One Shower door would not open, and upon attempting to use that door, the handle fell off.
In the AM about 6:15 i grabbed a juice and banana and checked out. The man at the counter tried to explain that yesterday they had a mix up and my receipt and has the wrong room number because they had it in the system wrong and couldn't fix. I told him about the door and he didn't seem to care, I said it again and said to please just give me my receipt as I need to go.
All in all, clean room, bad service and crappy TV, and doors. I would stay across the street at the Hampton Inn Express.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jdg201
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We made reservations quite some time before going to my daughter's wedding in Kingsville. I have always had a great experience with Hilton family hotels. NOT THIS TIME!

We were told at check-in that our smoking room had been given to someone else and that we would be moved to a non-smoking room. I told them I would have reserved a non-smoking room if that is what I wanted. I told them that if they put me in a non-smoking room, I would try to not smoke in it. But, I would definitely be smoking in at some time or another.

The manager told the clerk over the phone to cancel my reservation and to tell me to go stay somewhere else.

While this was going on, another guest came in and found out that their King bed room had been given to someone else and they would have to stay in a room with 2 queen beds.

The television remote didn't work and actually had a note taped to the back of it by the motel that the remote doesn't work! Good greif, fix the darn thing. Spent more time making a note for it than was spent to fix it!!

The "FREE HOT BREAKFAST" was the worst breakfast I've seen. The way it was hot is to have put it in a microwave or in the toaster!!! The coffee was terrible too.

I say run!!! Don't stay here until they get a new manager. Stay across the street in the new Holiday Inn Express that is almost complete now.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank FishingHag
Reviewed January 16, 2008

This is a new hotel. It is sparkling clean and extremely comfortable. There is wired and wireless internet service free of charge to guests. I used the wireless service and it worked just fine - good signal, fast connection.

My only negative comment is the buffet breakfast. It's okay - mainly continental-style. The hotel calls it a hot breakfast, but that's stretching it. I stayed for two nights, and the "hot" breakfast on the first morning consisted of the flattest over-hard eggs I have ever seen, and gravy for biscuits. The eggs tasted okay; can't speak for the gravy since I didn't have any. Next morning, there were waffles and sausage patties but no eggs. Didn't try the patties, but the waffles were pretty bad. Otherwise, the bagels, cereal, etc. were fine.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I called for directions on the way there from the Corpus Christi airport, and the lady who helped me was friendly. Her directions were spot on, and she even offered to stay on the line, which I declined.

All in all, a really nice place that I will stay at again, should business bring me out this way again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank TrailBlazer_7