Americas Best Value Inn - Kingsville
$50
  • Pool
Econo Lodge(Kingsville)
Executive Inn(Kingsville)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanhot breakfastwafflessausage linksking ranchbreakfast foodlarge groupan older propertythe breakfast areaother hotelscorpus christiin townbwtexashighwaycerealnewspaper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Room was decent, nothing great, but nice enough for a night stay. The decor is simple. Flat screen TV worked fine. Room was clean. The advertised breakfast, a "hot breakfast", is a bit of a stretch. If you want coffee and a muffin, or cereal, this will work. The eggs looked "OK", but I skipped them. When we were about to leave there was a sewage smell under the sink from an open vent. I notified the manager for him to fix. Glad this happened on the way out, because it was bad. Again, if you are in the area, your stay will be fine.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cpheller
Reviewed January 16, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed January 14, 2013

By looking at the hotel building and inside of the room; the first expression was very good. It appears to be a relatively new hotel (or remodeled very recently). Although the weather didn't allow us to enjoy the pool, it appeared to be in very good condition. The front desk staff was very friendly upon check-in (late at night); process was efficient.

However, when we moved our luggage into the room and started using the room amenities (e.g. bathtub, sink, etc.), we started to realize that the cleaning staff was letting this hotel go.... long hair strings (not just one, quite a few in fact) in the tub and sink, soap scum like stuff was on the side of the tub ( I washed them off with soap and hot water), WiFi didn't work on my laptop; to top it off was the breakfast, the orange juice was so diluted it tasted like water; the waffle mixture was also diluted so it came out like crepe instead of waffle.

I paid almost $100 for one night in the middle of nowhere. I purposely booked Best Western because I was sold by the Best Western branding (TV commercial) and believed that it is a bit above Comfort Inn or Days Inn so I decided to stay at Best Western (to reward my family after a day of harsh driving). Silly me...I should stick with Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn or Days Inn.

Serving diluted products is an insult to the customers. I would rather you don't serve waffle and orange juice at all. Even in the middle of nowhere like Kingsville, we can tell the difference between crepe and waffle. This is totally unacceptable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mraquila
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The stay was great. Rooms were clean, bed and pillow made for an excellent sleep, and we woke up to a wonderful breakfast. We did not have to carry extras like blow dryers or irons because rooms are fully equipped.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank ALMA R
Reviewed June 17, 2012

On a recent trip to visit our daughter who studies in Kingsville we decided to stay at the Best Western because we had noticed on previous trips that it was undergoing major remodling and upgrades. The service at the front desk was friendly and the room was in very good condition. We enjoyed the hot breakfast and the homey atmosphere in the dining area.

Room Tip: Rooms in the northern wing escape any highway noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family