“Pretty basic, but ok for a night or two”
Review of Executive Inn

Executive Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Kingsville
Reviewed May 18, 2010

This is an older place, but it seemed to be clean, no gross-out like one reviewer's experience. The price was cheap, but the amenities were few -- the room had a fridge, but not much else. The bed was fine. No clock radio, no coffee maker (no great loss, based on my experience with hotel room coffee). Breakfast was extremely limited and was crammed into in the office. I bought supplies the night before at H-E-B and ate breakfast in my room. My room was quiet with the A/C running (which worked fine). There was a sort of pancake house across the road at which we ate supper (next to the closed Mexican place). The manager was very friendly and helpful. I don't know if there are any fancier places in town, but this place would for a short stay if not much else was available.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank rd52

Reviewed January 12, 2010

RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!! This place is GROSS! This place was a last resort for us! My husband, myself and 2 small children had to either stay there or sleep in the car because every other hotel/motel in town was booked.. I pulled back the bed and found hairs/dirt and stains on the sheet. We put tshirts over the pillow cases and I did NOT let my children walk around in that room barefooted!! The carpet was disgusting and hadn't been vacuumed.. Worst stay ever!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank imfromthestars
Reviewed May 16, 2009

I reviewed the property options before leaving, but I did not have time to book a reservation. I must admit I considered other properties before choosing this one at the last minute. I remembered reading the favorable Trip Advisor reviews on this property. The staff informed me that there was only one room available and that it was smoking (I'd preferred a non-smoking). The staff was very accomodating, courteous, and friendly. Without a doubt, it was a very good choice. I was not disappointed.

If you want an economical, choice, a clean, quiet room, and an accomodating staff, this is the place.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2009

I was looking for someplace ok and inexpensive, which this was, for one night only. I was in town to birdwatch at King Ranch the next day. The room was a bit threadbare, with an old carpet and a little peeling paint, but it was clean. The lighting was a little dingy. The bed was comfortable. There was a refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, and shampoo. Not much of a breakfast. Everything worked except the Internet (see below).

My only real complaint was that the Internet barely worked at all. One of my prime considerations when booking a room is wireless Internet, so I was a bit frustrated. The manager was also frustrated that it wasn't working. If I had been staying more than one night, I would have moved to a different hotel.

My customer service experience, however, was very good. The manager was was very polite and attentive. A short while after being in my room, I noticed a bee in the roonm. Since I freak out at bees, I immediately called the front desk. The manager sent over two maintenance men immediately (not sure why two were needed), who rapidly dispatched the bee. Great service!

In short, it's cheap and not too bad for travelers on a budget. If you don't care about Internet, you'd be ok to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 13, 2009

My wife and I needed a motel to visit the areas of Brownsville and S. Padre Island, but wanted to stay a little north of these areas.We settled on Kingsville, Texas. I got a good rate at the Econo Lodge ( 2203 E. King Ave. ) When we checked in, the hotel looked a little unkept, to say the least ,but hey, it's just to sleep a couple of nights . Card keys wouldn't work on our room door. Got that corrected, and some of the lights in the room wouldn't work. OK we're going to sleep anyway. The room was just bareley tolerable, but were tired and needed some sleep. The next day we had a really nice visit to Brownsville and S. Padre Island. Again, we got back to our room late ,and just wanted some sleep. Again we had trouble with card keys.(not to mention that the lights were on in the room and we heard the deadbolt latch while standing outside) When we went to front desk , to our horror, they had checked us out, and threw all of our possessions (shampoo ,clothes, toothbrushes,medications, etc. into a box). I had a confimation # for the second nite , and when I showed it to the manager, he began to appologize, but I had enought of this disscusting excuss for a motel, and left. We went across the street to a Best Western, and for $5 more a night ,got a nice room that just was renovated. I'm sorry I didn't do that the first nite. Under no circumstance should you stay at the Econo Lodge in Kingsville,Texas.
Gary D. Hare