“Safety concern”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Kingsville
Texas
“Safety concern”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

I checked into this Holiday Inn Express about 3 p.m. on Saturday. I then went to a family birthday party and returned about 9 p.m. About 4:15 a.m. I am awakened by someone trying to get into my room. The safety lock was on the door and I hear screaming , "this is my room, who is in my room"? I informed the person I had checked in @ 3pm the day before and this was my room. The person left and a few minutes later the phone rang and it was the night manager who did apologize. Unfortunately I could not go back to sleep. I called the front desk about 7:30 and told them I wanted an adjustment on my bill, which they did. On the receipt I was given there was no mention that they gave a key card to someone else for the same room. It only stated that guest was unsatisfied. I am sure the owner will never know what happened.

• Stayed February 2010
3 Thank Texasspunks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

Everything looks ok at this hotel, it is a new so i thought it would be more clean and more precise than it was. As I am checking in the front desk girl was very kind and explained eveything about the room she was very professional. However, the Geneal Manager steps in while the front desk clerk is explaining everything and introduces her self. I ask the manager a good place to go and have diner and perhaps a nice place to have some drinks. She then tells me she got "so wasted" the night before at a local bar. Indeed I asked her for a bar however I did not want to know the details of her night out the night before. I found that very disturbing and unprofessional. Through out my stay she was on a personal level with me and that was not appreciated. I stay in hotels often and I do believe in customer service, however it should be at a professional level.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Manhattan Beach CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2009

Do not stay here! This hotel had THE WORST customer service of any hotel I have ever been to. The manager overcharged me by a hundred dollars for my stay and when I tried to speak with him, he was 'out sick'. 2 weeks later I still have not heard from him.

This hotel looks nice, but the management is running some sort of scheme where they will add extra charges on your bill and refuse to talk with you about them.

I would stay at any other place, the Hampton Inn across the street is just as nice, cheaper and you do not have to deal with the corrupt management.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Mermaidbina
memphis tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2009

I was very tired when I got to the hotel, but after talking to the pleasant young lady at the front desk I felt at home. Everyone one was very nice, the halls and front lobby were very clean and homey. When I got to my room I relaxed and rested very well. The room was clean and roomy. The next morning I got up very early and decided to walk down stairs to get the morning paper and see when breakfast would be ready. To my surprise the lady who does breakfast already had it out. She greeted me with a smile and the food was delicious. Everything was clean and comfortable. All of this seems to good to be true but I assure you it is. I have stayed at this hotel before, since then management changed, and for the better I might add. THANK YOU

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

Hotel was clean, staff was good, room was in excellent shape, but..... traffic from expressway was loud, trucks going by all night, that added to the planes taking off and landing at naval air station behind hotel, didn't make for a very quiet, restful night of sleep.

Nothing wrong with hotel or staff, but awful location for all but the heaviest of sleepers.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
San Antonio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2009

I didn't stay at this Holiday Inn I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Alice, Texas. On the weekend of March 27th of 2009 my credit card information was used at Holiday Inn in Kingsville and was charged at total of 264.21, not only was I charged for the days I didn't stay but was over charged for other days as well. They are insisting that I stayed there on the same weekend I stayed in Alice, Texas and also insist that I booked my hotel on line the week before. I have asked them to provide me with hard copies and video taping of who actually used my credit card information. I am very disappointed on how this matter is being managed. It is now May and nothing is being done I keep getting the manager and she makes excuses for not having the information. I have tried to get the Hotel regional manager and they keep saying she is not available.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank complxtech
texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

I stayed at the hotel in January of 2009 while I was looking for a hotel to host a high school event in the Kingsville area. I liked it well enough (mostly because it was new) to ask them to host our students and talked to the management while at the hotel. We were looking to book 30-40 rooms for a high school student event in Kingsville. The students were traveling from all over the state of Texas and had raised their own money to get to the competition and to pay for their rooms. The management said they had the rooms available and offered us a rate of $89.00/room. I said great and would confirm on Monday when I returned to work. I called to confirm our agreement but was not able to speak to the management and for a week they did not return my phone calls. I finally spoke to the management and she said that she could no longer offer me the rate of $89.00/night for the students. She said the owner thought they could get more money for the rooms from the wind farm companies and now wanted to charge us $119.00/room. I explained that she had already offered me the rooms at this rate, but she said since I had not signed a contract they were not legally obligated to give us the rooms at that rate. I asked to speak with the owner, the mangament said they did not have any way to contact the owner, finally when I pressed the matter she said she would give the owner my number and have them call me. I never did get a phone call from the owner and I tried to speak with the management several more times but the person who answered the phone said they were not available. I am very dissappointed in the hotel and would not stay there again because they had no problem lying to me and trying to exploit the high school students for more money after the had agreeded on a certain price.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsville
Hampton Inn Kingsville
#8 of 9 in Kingsville
Riviera Inn & Suites
Riviera Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Riviera

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville? Share your experiences!