“Not worth the money!!!!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Kingsville
La Feria, Texas
“Not worth the money!!!!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Needed a hotel for one night for a family funeral the next day. I reserved a room with 2 Queen beds and a roll-away bed. There were 3 adults; a mom and 2 sisters. Upon arrival being tired and saddened by our loss, I went to check in at night at the front desk. I asked the clerk if our roll-away bed had been delivered to our room. She looked at me shocked and said no, it is here in the hallway. Being somewhat confused, I asked her if there would be someone that would deliver it to our room. She told me that I would need to roll it up to my room! Excuse me, but I am paying almost $140 a night for what I consider a possible 2 star hotel and am expected to roll my bed to my room with our luggage? Are you serious? She told me it wasn't heavy. Not the most polite person by any means. The room smelled like mildew or mothballs; weird smell and the vending machine was right across the hall in a pitch-black room with a janitor's door. Very un-inviting. The next morning I took a shower and saw a bug crawling on the ceiling that disappeared somewhere. We went down for a quick bite to eat; breakfast was over at 9:30 and we were down by 9:10. All the juice machines, milk and refrigerated items had been locked and not much use in that. They had shut down for service. I went to the front desk and she told me breakfast was over! Then she looked again at her clock and said sorry and blamed someone else of course. Horrible service, room not worth the price and place way tooooooo expensive. I would've paid and extra $30 bucks to stay at the Hampton. Very unhappy. Boo :(

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 1saspurs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We are staying in the area to visit family. They offered their guest room, but since we have a young baby, we chose to stay in a hotel so the baby wouldn't keep the ret of the house up all night. We have stayed in many hotels with our infant, and have never had a problem having a crib or pack and play brought to our room. Unfortunately, at Comfort Inn, the crib costs an extra $10 a night. Plus, we had to wheel it up to the room ourselves. With the baby and the luggage. And the "bedding" is an overlarge sheet, a crib bumper and a fleece blanket, none of which are safe to put in a crib with a baby. Sigh. We come to this area every year at least, but we will not be staying here again. Other than that, what I have seen so far seems okay. Waaaaay overpriced for what it is, but that seemed to be the going rate in Kingsville.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 916BAY

Travelers are raving about these Kingsville hotels

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We thought the location was ideal, right off the highway, easy access to continue our roadtrip to south padre... But the place really isnt convenient to any attractions in town. Also, the idea of the Naval Air Base being literally across the street seemed really cool at first but then when it came time to try and sleep... Not so much, I swear the windows are paper thin. The room had a good first impression, clean, good size and a large tv. But the bathrooms left much to be desired, even for a motel. They have somewhat of an akward layout and the shower room seems like its missing something... Like a sink or something. Also the doors had like no seal to them, hallway light shines right in all night and pretty much no privacy to the bathroom. Overall ok but not an ideal spot for a vacation or extended stay.

• Stayed September 2012
houston, tx
Reviewed August 16, 2012

On college tour trip, spent the night. Clean little motel. Left very early so did not sample breakfast.
There are no restaurants in walking distance but that is not the fault of hotel.
A/C works great. And that is important in South Texas.
Will probably stay here again!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SharonTravelerII
Apopka, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family stayed here last month and it was a total nightmare. The owners were very rude, we would be talking to them and they would just walk off during the conversation. There staff looks trampled, and mentally beaten. The breakfast was undercooked, the rooms we had were poorly cleaned and smelled of cigarette. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. How they maintain a choice status is beyond me. When we complained, the reply we got was too bad, no refunds, you chose us.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel, drive up the road to quality or hampton inn. Even the holiday inn express...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Richard C
Glendale, Ohio
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while on work assignment for several weeks. Comfortable, safe ( female traveler ) clean with in house laundry facility.

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank Kirby03
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I've stayed there 3 different times. First time I stayed one night & I liked it. Second time I stayed 3 nights & I liked it. Third time I stayed 4 nights and no problems at all. The last night of my most recent stay, there was a drunk guy banging on all the doors at 3am and I had to work that morning. I called the front desk and they personally approached the man & took care of it. My next stay will be for another 4 days & this is the hotel I choose. I like that the 'suite' part of the hotel is in a different, connected room with its own a/c and its own flat screen t.v. This helps a great deal because I take my child with me & of course she doesnt like to watch the shows I do. The breakfast is lovely. The pool is nothing to brag about but its decent. The fitness room is nothing special either but it was nothing to complain about, so it was fine. I like that they have coffee available all day. They also have yogurt and cereal available all day too. They also keep the paper plates, bowls and plastic ware out and this is great for me since i'm there for 4-5 days at a time and To-Go food doesnt always give you the right utensils or plates. If you're looking for enough space, this place is great. The two more expensive places to stay in kville may have a few nicer things, but neither had the extra room suite with the extra t.v., which I thought was pretty shameful. Anyway, this is my kville hotel

Room Tip: Higher floors are warmer.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Rebecca P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville
#7 of 9 in Kingsville
Riviera Inn & Suites
Riviera Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Riviera

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!