“Decent BBQ”
Review of Spyke's Bar-B-Que

Spyke's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Kingsland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: The best "Hole in the wall" barbecue in Texas. Located in Kingsland, TX just a short drive from Marbles Falls and not far from Austin. Friendly atmosphere and short lines. Tell em Spyke sent ya.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It's decent food, good cobbler, a little pricey I think. Friendly and helpful service though. I will go back

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good turkey sandwich. It was very fresh and juicy. Sides were also very good. Service was OK, could have been more friendly. I would eat here again.

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch and the staff was very friendly and the BBQ was excellent!!! I will be back!!

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The smoked chicken is really the best thing at Spykes though everything else is really good...I simply rarelyceat chicken, preferring pork ribs ans brisket and sausage...but at Spykes the chicken is exceptional. Great sauce here, and oddly the potato salad stands out too, much like the chicken. The hours are a little odd to keep track of so I'm glad I'm local as sometimes I head there and find them closed, so I busted them down to 4 stars.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The staff here is very friendly but the BBQ is just plain horrible and quite possibly the saltiest BBQ I have ever eaten in my life. I was excited when I first tasted the Brisket because it literally fell apart on my fork but when I put it in my mouth I was sadly disappointed. It was not only salty but DRY, how can a piece of meat that is falling apart be dry? The only saving grave for the food was that they had some really great potato salad but stay clear of the banana pudding. It is a bland instant or canned pudding mess. Yuck!