“Grand Central”

Grand Central Cafe
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Kingsland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located at The Antlers Inn, this Queen Anne-styled home turned restaurant, is a staple for the Hill Country of Texas. Southern fine dining served in the notorious house made famous by the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre film.
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic food and service prices reasonable for quality. Had a late breakfast Eggs Benedict was hesitant but was a great choice

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

Excellent food as always. Believe server was a " newbe" as he added 20% gratuity with only 4 of us at table which we corrected. Very busy on Sundays so be prepared for a wait but always worth it.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

Stopped here because of the Texas chainsaw massacre place. Food was good. We had the breakfast. We stopped at the bar last night.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 20, 2019

Went with neighbors to this normally good restaurant tonight and ordered the New York strip with blue cheese and mushrooms on top. The steak was cooked okay, it was just 50 percent gristle or fat, so I was very disappointed. The girls food was good and the other guy ordered the same thing and his was the same poor quality beef.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 18, 2019

I'm local, eat at Grand Central periodically, and have never been disappointed. Most recently, we met another couple there for breakfast. They have all the standard breakfast items, well prepared in generous portions, and a creative list of eggs Benedict variations. I tried the asparagus and smoked apple bacon version, and it was heavenly. I requested the hollandaise on the side because elsewhere I've had it, the sauce was too much and too heavy. My dish came with sauce over it anyway, but it was fine because Grand Central's hollandaise is lighter and in a more moderate amount. I'll try another Benedict next time I have breakfast there.

Date of visit: February 2019