“Pet Friendly!”

La Quinta Inn Killeen - Fort Hood
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Killeen
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I would love to recommend this hotel to anyone with pets of any kind at home. I was very happy with the service I receive and was amazed that I found a hotel that allowed me to bring my 2 very large dogs. When I arrived, I expressed how happy I was about the accomodations and how I had so much trouble finding lodging for my large dogs, especially in a price I could afford. She informed me that LaQuinta is one of the few hotels like that and let me know that another patron had even brought a tropical bird. I am happy to say that price and friendliness of this hotel is so refreshing, and I will be staying in this hotel any time I stay anywhere overnight from now on.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I don't personally care for outside rooms, not as safe, difficult to control the a/c...heat in my room, no elevator, apples were not crunchy at breakfast, no alternative to milk, so a bummer if plant strong. But the rooms was clean and the front desk was great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Spent the weekend visiting my children in Killeen, Texas. The La Quinta hotel does what a hotel does, it accommodates you comfortably but doesn't go above that. The rooms are not thoroughly cleaned but the beds are always well made up and comfortable. Breakfast is very basic it could be a lot better with more choices as far as fruit and/or pastries go. Overall a comfortable stay but nothing special.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Had reservations for non smoking king on first floor. arrived at motel around 530 pm and my room wasn't ready yet. told to come back in an hour. went to dinner came back and room still not ready. had to settle for very uncomfortable, smoking double that I could not rest in. very unhappy experience. had shady people lurking around as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cody C
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Killeen - Fort Hood, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thanks for sharing details about your stay at the La Quinta Inn – Killeen. It sounds like you had a disappointing experience, and we understand your concern.

We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Our hotels have both designated smoking and non-smoking rooms. Please know we try to accommodate all room type requests if they are available.

Your feedback will help prevent similar situations from happening again. This experience is definitely not what any guest should experience at La Quinta!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The hotel offers close proximity to Fort Hood Army Base and Starbucks and area shopping. There is a breakfast bar in the hotel but a Denny's shares the parking lot. The building itself is beginning to show its age but it is not shabby and the room was comfortable and the price very accommodating.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Hotels were full on I -35. Was not the best stay. Outside entrance, had to park quite aways out and it was raining. No WIFI, they said because of the rain. Light on the breakfast side. If I had wanted to visit Killeen it may have made more sense.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have come to expect interior-access rooms from La Quinta, so I was disappointed to find that this one only had exterior-access rooms. Unpleasant smell in the lobby and difficulty getting out of the parking lot added to my frustration.