“I will be back!”

Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“I will be back!”
Reviewed December 27, 2009

The Residence Inn Killeen has clean, spacious rooms. The kitchen is fully stocked with a nice variety of dishes and utensils including nice touches like wine glasses and cloth napkins. The full size fridge and dishwasher make meal prep and cleanup a breeze. There is a flat screen TV and in room Wi Fi is free. The King size bed is comfortable and although very nice to have, I understand the pull out couch is quite UNcomfortable (but they usually are no matter where you stay). The sink/vanity area is outside of the bathroom which is a nice feature if you have multiple people staying in the room so you are not tripping over one another. There is a free buffet breakfast every morning which includes both hot and cold food choices. There is an assortment of fruits and juices, coffee, tea and cocoa (The homemade waffles are my favorite!). The rooms are very soundproof and the water pressure is good. The daily local newspaper is complimentary. There is an excercise room, an outdoor pool and hot tub on the property. The area is safe and parking is free.

The cab ride from the airport cost a $25 "flat rate" with Express Cab Company- I thiink next time I will plan ahead and arrange for the airport shuttle instead ($15).

I arrived on Friday afternoon - Christmas Day - so unfortunately, housekeeping was not on staff to substitute a clean cooking plate for the dirty one that was in the cupboard in my room. The front desk clerk was very attentive to my request for extra blankets and even delivered them to my room herself. I still am not sure how the housekeeping service works on weekends; there are magnets on the fridge that I would assume go on the outside of your door ("no service today"," later, please" or "day sleeper") I put the "later please one out Saturday AM and removed it when we left our room for the day, but no one came - the dirty towels and the tip were where I had left them when we returned last evening. I found a little card this morning in the coffee basket in the kitchen that is apparently supposed to be left at the front desk before Friday noon to indicate if you would like weekend housekeeping service on Sat or Sun. I has spaces to indicate if you'd like full service, towels & trash only or No service. Unfortunately, I was not here Friday morning!

,,,Well, I just called the front desk to see if it was possible to have housekeeping come today. The person I spoke with immediately took care of things...housekeeping will be here at 1pm to service my room. I also inquired about a late checkout for tomorrow since my flight does not leave until the evening - no problem, I can stay until 1pm since they are not full! Although few in number, all of the staff here are very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Kudos to all of the staff!

I have enjoyed my Christmas here, and the Residence Inn Killeen will be my "regular" hotel whenever I return to Fort Hood/Killeen!

p.s. Very "doable" drive for a day trip to San Antonio to see The Alamo and the Riverwalk - I would suggest you do if you have the time!

A

• Stayed December 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
DC/MD
Reviewed May 11, 2009

My family and I recently went to Killeen for a graduation. We stayed at the Residence Inn and it was wonderful! As soon as we got there, there was a band playing in the lobby while food was being served. The staff was so attentive and polite. The rooms were gorgeous. One of our rooms was a suite, and I have to say it was a mini-apartment. It had a full out kitchen with a stove and dishwasher, a huge balcony, 2 bathrooms, and 2 bedrooms plus a sofabed, and 3 flatscreen tvs. We loved it so much, we stayed an extra day. As soon as I walked in the room, I had no doubts about its cleanliness. (usually i have doubts a hotel room being clean.) Everything was immaculate, and very quiet. The complimentary breakfast made it even better.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
San Antonio
Reviewed March 5, 2009

I just got back from a week in Killeen, where I spent six days in the new Residence Inn. My experience there was excellent. The room was comfortable, very large, very nice. Everything worked as it should. It has a full kitchen/fridge/dishwasher setup, and there is a grocery store a block down the access road, so I stocked the kitchen and was able to eat in every morning and night. (It was nice to have my own salads instead of fast food.) I have to admit, I can't speak to the breakfast because I had my own oatmeal--it looked typical when I went downstairs.

The exercise room was cozy and a little warm, but I liked the machines, and they had a full set of free weights, too, which most hotels don't have. I didn't try the pool or other facilities, but our business had a meeting in one of the meeting rooms, which went well. No smells, nothing looking unfinished or strange, and my housekeepers were sweet and very efficient. The wireless Internet service was also good, at least up to the second floor, where I was--no interruptions or low signals. In short, a peaceful, comfortable place to spend a week and recuperate from long business days.

I'm shocked to read about the horrible experience the other traveler had there. My experience with the counter staff and room staff was exemplary. Everything was fine, and I didn't have a bad moment, nor did the other travelers in town for the same business event. The hotel is heavily patronized by corporate customers, and I overheard others in the lobby telling one another what a fine hotel they were in and how much they enjoyed it when they stayed in Killeen.

Oh, and they offer free grocery shopping service, which is a nice feature. But with the grocery store right there before the next turnaround on the access road, I just did my own shopping.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed February 5, 2009

I have stayed at this facility several times for business, and as far as that goes, I have liked Residence Inn here and elsewhere. However, while I was at work one night of my last trip, one of their employees (I admit, I assume it was an employee - read on and you'll see why) electronically changed my room assignment in the computer so my key wouldn't work, then apparently had sex all over the room, using my belongings as toys, ate my food, and left bits of strawberries all over the carpet. I don't even know what was in the tub. It was appalling, but so far the only response from the hotel (this was a couple weeks ago) was to replace my food items, agree to dry clean my scarf, and send me a fruit bouquet. They never followed up with me or my contractor, and my company was charged for all nights of my stay without a discount. No formal apology has been issued, and as far as I know, the employee(s) involved still work there. Not at all a professional response to a problem with staff, and I won't be staying there again. To the argument that it might not have been an employee - there is still a security issue at this hotel and again I would still expect a better response from management. ( I would consider other Residence Inns, because in general it is a good brand).

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank asdocCo
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed January 24, 2009

This hotel has colorful plush carpet. It features a warm and plentiful supper. Great front staff that dresses very professional and is friendly. Good housekeepers that try to fill your requests. They keep it clean. The best supper staff ever--the lady tried to help me with my food allergies. Really need to make real eggs in the morning instead of the powdered ones. Fancy flat skinny tv's in the hotel. Nice complete kitchen with no missing dishes. Beautiful rooms in the new residence inn style-marble contertops, new appliances with ice makers, dishwashers. Sorry, no dinner on thursday or friday. Beer and wine with supper. Free newspapers and magazines, including local newspaper. Concerns about spots on carpet, could use some stain treatment. Good housekeeping staff. Nice people, nice hotel. No bed bugs, mites or scabies. Relax, its a good choice.

• Liked — The supper and the staff
  • Disliked — The lobby was cold. The doors were always open. They ran the airconditioner in the food area.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
College Station, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2008

I went to the area to visit my brother at Ft Hood and this hotel was AWFUL!!!!! The lobby looked clean and all the exterior looked brand new, however when i got to my room, the carpet was coming up at the front entry way, cable didnt work, the room smelled terrible and the sheets were obviousloy NOT CHANGED!!!! I went to the front desk girl- who was TOTALLY incompitent and told her i wanted a different room when I explained all my issues so she gave me a different room.... after about 1 hour in that room we realized the TOILET DID NOT WORK! I again went to the front desk and told her i was not trying to be difficult but asked if she could have maintenance address the issue. They never showed up... 2 hours later i returned to explain we had no bathroom and they told me -oh we have one in the lobby you can use! FOR $149.00/night I should walk downstairs every time I have to use the bathroom? I was supposed to stay 3 nights but left after that 1st one and went to the Howard Johnson who although had slightly smaller rooms with no kitchen, were only $65.00/night with clean sheets and a working toilet! DO NOT waste your money at this hotel it is FAR from "marriott standards"

• Liked — It was a large room with a kitchen
  • Disliked — All the issues!!!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank TAMUfan13
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed August 1, 2008

My family stayed at the Residence Inn while we were in town to see a family member off to Iraq. The hotel was immaculate and the room met the needs of traveling with a one-year old and all of her stuff. The breakfast was great and the location was ideal to Ft. Hood and restaurants. We will stay again!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family