“Just Average”

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Point Pleasant, West Virginia
“Just Average”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in June. Hotel grounds and lobby were nice. The room was average at best. Carpet was stained and room was well used. We were only there for one night, so we made the best of the situation. The pool area was nice and had cabana rooms available for use. I stay in many HI properties each year and sorry that I can't give this one a better rating.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jen M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Killeen - Fort Hood, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback on your stay with us. I am sorry that your stay was only average. We have a new management team that is addressing the issues you mentioned. I sincerely hope the next time you are in town you will reach out to me directly to make your reservation and we can make your next stay an exceptional one versus just average.
Thank you again for your review and also for your loyalty to the Holiday Inn/IHG Brand.
Please feel free to reach out directly to the new Area Director of Operations at 254-690-5511.

Best Regards,

Jen Huber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I traveled to Killeen to pick up my son. Our room was clean. The bathroom was small and not as clean as I thought it should be. The carpet was VERY stained and looked filthy. I did not want to walk on it barefoot. I tend to prefer a little softer matress so I woke up with a very sore back. I was disappointed that the breakfast was not complimentary. The staff were very nice and pleasant. It was just an okay stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us feedback on your stay. It is because of your feedback that we can ensure continuous improvement at the hotel. I am so sorry your room carpet was not up to standard. We have a new management team that is addressing this issue right away.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope the next time you are in Killeen you will reach out to us directly so that we can show you our improvement and provide you with an exceptional stay.

Best Regards,

Jen Huber
Meridianville, Alabama
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Love this Holiday Inn!
Pros:This Holiday Inn is newer and is nice and clean. The room even smelled GOOD when we walked in. Usually it smells old or there's no smell at all so this was a surprise! :) The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfy, had everything we needed in the room (microwave, frig, iron, hairdryer, etc), the lobby is nice and there is a restaurant and bar downstairs. The pool is very nice with cabanas and tvs. The staff is very friendly. Close to anything ya'll need.

Cons: Only 3 lounge chairs by the pool (I didn't ask for more, but they could of had some) and there's no free morning breakfast like most Holiday Inn hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel faces the parking lot. I would recommend that.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica M
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This review is a little late but here it goes anyway. My friend and I stopped in late one night and we were very glad we did. The room was clean and spacious and the beds were very comfortable. Would return if in the area again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
LA
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We were there to visit with son and family. He had just been assigned to Ft. Hood.
Hotel was clean and quiet. Their restaurant left the impression though that their personell was new and untrained. I requested sausage with my breakfast every morning we were there, and got bacon instead. Bacon was good, but not what I ordered. Never an explanation or apologies for getting bacon instead of sausage.
Still, would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tagerit
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I usually do not give out 1-stars or bother mentioning negative situations, but when management lacks a quality standard level of detail with communication and accountability, then I'm going to use all the ammo at my disposal and empty the clip. I'm not expecting anything special in return. It's not like I'm going to fly back anytime soon to use a complimentary weekend stay. As if.

Most of the staff I encountered during my hotel visit were very nice and accommodating. Maintenance was prompt to fix any immediate room issues, Housekeeping quickly replenished whatever supplies were needed, and the Front Desk associates were helpful with my questions and requests in a professional and hospitable manner both in person and on the phone. Ok, I've been fair and balanced with my review. Time to deliver some heavier ordinance.

There's nothing quite like a significant billing error to really bring one's financial situation to a grinding halt. I could blast on about finding a roach (photo uploaded to Yelp.com Tips), the non-functioning ice machine on my floor during the 2+ week stay, the elevator buttons that fell out, the out-of-order exercise machine, the unavailable printer in the business center, or the malfunctioning door lock to my room after a local power outage, but I'd rather focus on the hotel billing issue.

I take no pleasure in this rant, well maybe a little, but when the Wifey goes to pay bills online after a holiday weekend and finds out our account has a hotel charge mistake in excess of $1800...Le Sigh. Someone's gonna answer for this.

Allow me to elaborate, all you hard working people: I fly out for work, and our travel department makes arrangements to pre-authorize the hotel billing directly to the business account. Our travel manager sends the info on 5/02/2014. I check-in 5/06 and give my ID and a debit card to cover incidentals, of which there were none during my stay. I check-out, fly home, and spend Memorial weekend with the family.

The following Tuesday 5/27 we receive alerts and Wifey finds out why she can't pay online bills. Our account is now overdrawn. Not to mention, there are other automatic billpay items scheduled to hit the books. I'm calling & emailing to straighten out this mess because the hotel charged the entire bill to my debit card instead of the company travel account, which the hotel had since 5/02. I have initiated all of the phone calls and emails to the hotel with zero callbacks or email replies. ZERO. Funny how it takes a day for a merchant to take your money, but much longer to return it.

After leaving voicemails, I'm still waiting to hear from the hotel's general manager about addressing the number of subsequent overdraft charges that occurred over the holiday weekend. I spoke to him once on 5/27/14. He offered no apology, nor did he reassure me that he was personally working on a correction and would see it through to make it right. In fact, he was leaving early for the day and all too busy to take charge of the matter. The general tone I received was, "We need your company credit card info so we can switch the billing and maybe there was a miscommunication between the company and the hotel."

Wait, didn't you have this information before I arrived in order to reserve the room?

Room Tip: It doesn't matter. None of the rooms have blackout drapes that close, so every room is sunny whe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Conrad R
Neel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Killeen - Fort Hood, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Mr. Conrad,
Thank you for taking a moment to leave us feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that you had a bad experience regarding your billing issues and we never want any guest to go through that type of issue at any time. We regret any inconvenience it caused and have made every effort to rectify the situation in an expedient manner. If you are still facing any issues please feel free to contact me directly at 254-690-5511. Once again thank you for the valuable feedback and we hope to regain your trust in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Front desk staff was very friendly, as was the bartender (although a bit air-headed at times). I wish the bar was open later and wish breakfast would run later on the weekends, but overall it was a great stay and I would definitely consider staying here again next time I'm in Killeen for business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple