“Very friendly staff, great value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Killeen - Fort Hood

Holiday Inn Killeen - Fort Hood
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Spring
“Very friendly staff, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed for one night at the Killeen Holiday Inn before proceeding on our Harley trip through the Hill Country of Texas. The staff was excellent, the rooms are very spacious, modern and clean. They allowed us to leave our truck and trailer for a week with no issues. The pool area had a wonderful sitting area in the shade and was private so you could enjoy an outdoor space even if you didn't want to swim. If I had to have one complaint is that the workout equipment in the gym was not all working properly but with the great staff, this would not of made me go down to 4 starts.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Acworth, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for a week for work and I was very pleased. This hotel seems to be the newest hotel in the area. It's located in a great spot with easy access.
No free breakfast but this is normal for the full service Holiday Inns.
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're travelling in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I liked the curtained rooms off the swimming pool. Great place to watch sports on their TV, while sipping. Good restaurant, normal prices for a hotel. Rooms were good, good location. No free breakfast was offered to me. Funny sign by the small swimming pool, max occupancy seemed a little high. "max bather load 58". Enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

You can tell that this hotel is in a newer area/building. The lobby, restaurant and bar are all in a same are but well distributed. The business center (two computers, desk, printers, and cabinets) are located in a hidden corner. No doors - convenient. The pool is small but at least it has one.

The rooms are very spacious with a large I'd window- thank his die natural light because the lighting in the while room and bathroom is not that great.
The room is very basic in furniture. I like the accent wall but they forgot to place some art work on the other one.

The tv doesn't swivel all the way to the comfortable chair and ottoman on the other side of the room. However there are tons of plugs around. As mentioned, lighting in the bathrooms is very poor, but the shower and shower head are awesome. Love plenty of cabinet space.

And the best part is the room has microwave and fridge. The location of the hotel is not ideal. You definitely have to drive to get you to places especially food, but I guess everybody has to drive in this town regardless. I think the shuttle can take you within 3 miles

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CecibelB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We usually stay at a more "notable" hotel when traveling for leisure/holiday, but we ended up here while PCSing to Fort Hood after the housing office procrastinated getting our house prepared. There was a mix-up with our reservation, which I made directly with IGH over the phone, and the evening front desk manager was a bit condescending when we tried to sort out the room/rate difference, which put me in a bad mood after checking in. She stated that the Army doesn't normally permit suites -- which is what we had tried to book -- even though we were paying for the room ourselves out of pocket. It's also very disturbing to me that the Holiday Inn books rooms that aren't actually available, and that they don't stand behind their own direct bookings. To be fair, the manager (and the staff member who checked us in) were both very polite & amiable, I just felt like a moron after discussing the room problem with the manager because of how she handled the issue. The in-hotel restaurant isn't all that great, either -- very limited & uninspired menu -- and the restaurant & room service are only available in the morning until 10:30 for breakfast and then again beginning at 5:00 for dinner, which kind of screwed us for lunch the next day.

The room itself, however, was pleasant -- it was large, clean and very well designed, which was nice to see after staying at a few strangely-decorated hotels during our trip. Though we had booked a single king suite, we were given two queen beds, but the beds where very comfortable (although Holiday Inn uses those small square pillows, which I can't stand, but I'm sure if we had asked they would have swapped them for something else). The bathroom was decently sized, and I appreciated the detachable shower head. The room also offered a small work desk, a mini-fridge & microwave, a flat-screen TV (which claimed to be HD, but the picture was nothing like the HD we're used to) and a strange corner section with oddly-shaped shelves that we used to store some of our personal belongings. The pool & hot tub were closed, as it was January, but the pool area looked nice, as well.

Also, the morning front desk staff, Michael, was incredibly helpful & very, very friendly, a big difference from the issues with checking in. Michael's friendliness & eagerness to help is what made this stay enjoyable. When he heard about our issues with the housing office, he extended our check-out time until 2:00, then when we realized there were no rooms left for the following night, he offered to have all of our belongings moved to their sister hotel directly behind theirs, and use the shuttle service to move us, while leaving our moving truck in their parking lot until our housing was sorted. When we realized the hotel's restaurant was closed for lunch, he offered to arrange a shuttle to any nearby restaurants, and gave us list of places in the area that delivered if we'd rather stay in. He offered solutions for all of our problems before we asked, and I really enjoyed talking to him when I passed through the lobby. The rest of the daytime staff -- including the housekeepers and who I believe was the housekeeping manager -- were all very friendly & helpful, as well.

So, all in all, a good stay, much of which is because of Michael. I would suggest Holiday Inn have him retrain some of the evening front desk staff. And the hotel really needs to focus on reserving the correct rooms -- this is only my third stay at a Holiday Inn, and every single time I was given the wrong room (although the first two incidents were resolved quickly by friendly staff). If I book directly with a hotel, I expect accurate information about the room that I am booking and to receive the room that I reserved, regardless of whether I'm receiving a military discount (or any other discount, for that matter). Seeing as how most online travel websites offer a room guarantee with all of their bookings, it would make more sense to book with them than directly with the hotel, so that I have recourse if something does go wrong. The rewards points I receive for booking directly with the hotel are worth absolutely nothing to me if I can't get the room for which I paid.

If you aren't too fussy about the room you receive and you don't mind the hotel restaurant being closed for lunch or late dining/room service, I would recommend this hotel if you're in the area.

• Stayed January 2013
Rossville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel about a year ago and decided to return since our first experience was good. On this visit we had traveled all day, stopping to visit relatives in the area so by the time we got to the hotel we were ready to settle in, have some dinner and relax for the evening. The ladies at the front desk assured us the hotel restaurant served good food, so we decided to try it despite the fact that we were the only people in the dining room. We were pleasantly surprised by good service and good food. The next morning we decided to return for breakfast and once again we were greeted with good food and good service. Since we once again had the dinning room to ourselves we even got to pick the TV channel and were able to catch the First Baptist Church service. I assume this hotel has more business during the week, but on our Saturday night stay we had quite personal service and a very nice experience. We may have to plan our future trips to spend Saturday night in Killeen.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

I will get straight to the point... I stayed in another hotel the previous weekend and it was horrible.

After a couple of hours of research I got the greenlight on the Holiday Inn and much to my surprise everything they say in the ad is true. The rooms look like the description on the website but most inportantly....the hotel is super clean and the housekeeping staff really seems to know this job. I usually hate to go to the bathrooms because they are always outdated and not very fresh. At this hotel I wasn't afraid to even take a bath much less go the bathroom

There are lots of amenities... mini fridge which is larger than most mini fridges, a microwave high vaulted ceilings, super spacious rooms, updated and modern furniture, nicely decorated, furniture doesnt look cheap and worn out, 42 -flat screen with lots of channels, internet was a little slow but it was free and it did work.

the beds sit up high with nice sheets, and firm mattresses and pillows. I haven't slept this good in weeks.

Hotel staff was awesome. Upon checkin there is a manager named Michael that was very accomodating and the General Manager Nicole Gale was personable and very friendly. She wanted to assure that my stay was everything I desired.

I have to be honest. As long as this hotel stays this way I will never stay at any other hotel when I visit Killeen. This hotel doesnt look like military guys just stay here for a crash pad. They cater to people who are traveling and families and such.

This is just a great place to stay if you just want to get a way and get some sleep.

i love this hotel and that is usually a comment that I can never give.

Room Tip: Stay here. There is no need to look elsewhere