“Had a great stay”

Holiday Inn Killeen - Fort Hood
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was my second visit to this hotel. This time I was given a first floor room with a 12+ foot vaulted ceiling. As before, the staff was very friendly and the housekeeping staff have no problem coming back later to service your room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff were wonderful. Everyone from front desk, room service, house keeping restuarant and even the outside cleaning crew. After a long flight and crazy experience at the car rental place, this place was like a breath of fresh air. Special thanks to Michael at front desk for being so helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012
HolidayInnKilleen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Killeen - Fort Hood, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you so much for the great review! We truly appreciate all of the kind words about our team and hotel. We all look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My friend and I left RI on a road trip and rolled into Texas a full day early.

All we wanted to do was shower and sleep. Knowing we our reservation began on Friday rather than Thursday, we were hopeful that they had an additional open room for us. We dealt with Kathy Wells (Sales Manager) directly. She was friendly, helpful, and considerate. Kathy patiently waited with us while my boss (who had booked the hotel) changed the reservation for us.

Kathy even went as far as giving us coupons (which this hotel does not offer) for breakfast due to the type of membership my boss has.

Throughout our stay to visit my son in the Army, Kathy would check to be sure everything was alright with our rooms and if we needed any tourist information.

Due to the treatment, friendliness, and personality of not just Kathy, but the whole staff; I can't wait to go back and stay there!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Great staff, and I was greeted by the General Manager when I checked in.Since I'm a Gold member they upgraded me to a corner room. I was impressed with all the customer service I received, and will be staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: Corner suites are spacious and comfortable. Get the room on the east side, so you don't have the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so much for the great review! We truly appreciate all of the kind words about our team and hotel. We all look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stay in Killeen about every 6 weeks to visit my fiance who is stationed at Fort Hood. I decided to stay at the Holiday Inn to try something new and saw they had a pool and hot tub which is a necessity for me since he works during the day and I have no transportation. While the room was very clean and nice, I was VERY disappointed with the hot tub. It was so cold, even colder than the pool! I sat in there for a min and a man who worked there came over and looked shocked and asked me if it was actually hot today. I said no... and he replied that it is never hot. WHY is that??? It's meant for guests to relax in hot water. I was very disappointed and I am not sure if I will stay here again because of it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnKilleen, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Killeen - Fort Hood, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

I'm glad that you were pleased with your room and our team here at the Holiday Inn.

Please accept our apologies for the problem you experienced on your last visit. We did call our Pool Facilities service the day you notified our team member of the hot tub issue and it has been corrected. We appreciate you letting him know.

I hope you will come visit with us again so that we can demonstrate how much we appreciate our guests!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The staff is super friendly. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The pool area has great cabanas and the hotel is surrounded by numerous shops and eateries. This hotel is also great for children travelling with their grownups ;)

Room Tip: If you haven't already, sign up for Priority Club Rewards and enjoy perks!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 21, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 1 night to see the towns of Killeen and Temple as a potential place to live. This was a newer hotel with a great staff and great rooms. We had the 2 queen beds and they were comfortable, but the pillows seemed a little small for the bed. The room was very clean and unlike some of the reviews I read about other hotels around, it had no bugs. :o) I just don't buy that you can't get rid of bugs and "it comes with the area". The only problem I saw was the placement of the door stop in the bathroom. It was on the floor, almost right where you would step to get out of the shower/tub. I felt like I had to be mindful of it when going into the bathroom, since I am not known for being graceful. :o) It would be great if the stop was mounted on the door instead. Overall I was very pleased with our stay here! Will stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family