“A Good Day's Rest” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Fort Mitchell, Alabama
“A Good Day's Rest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I am an avid Honors hotel guest and have been for a while. I had certain expectations that were not met unfortunately however I did get a couple of hours to relax. I was there for a Saturday and Sunday night. Upon entering the hotel to check in on the first night, I was disappointed that I had to search around for someone to assist at the front desk. I was told that there would be water and pretzels the room and there were not. I was not provided a breakfast coupon. Despite this, I did get a good night's rest. The second night, after getting a new room assigned, I did get the water, pretzels, and breakfast coupon. However, I was rudely awakened by the sound of a loud cricket inside of the air vent. It started chirping around 1am and never stopped. I recorded the sound and had my daughter as a witness as I tried to kill the vent. I wasn't so lucky. During my stay the pool and the hot tub were both inoperable, something I so desperately wanted to use in the Texas heat. Again, as I went to check out, there was nobody at the desk so I was not able to speak to the manager regarding the cricket in my room. I do value the Hilton hotel chains. I felt like I could have spent a night at a Motel 6 or Super 8 and saved half of my money in these instances. If I visited, I probably would stay again, but this time, I would physically check out all the amenities prior to giving up my credit card. The location was great and very close to restaurants and the military base. Management needs to pay attention to detail.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RedFone
HGIKilleen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Killeen, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Good Morning! Thank you for taking the time to post a response about your stay with us. I am deeply disappointed to hear that you had suffered such inconvenience during your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for everything. If you can contact me directly I would love to speak with you regarding your stay with us. My email is cheryl.shibuya@hilton.com or simply call 254.554.3900 x.151. I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Albany, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn in Killeen, Texas has to have nicest staff I have ever come across. We stayed there for 4 nights/5 days during my son's baseball tournament along with the rest of the baseball team. They made it such a great experience. They staff was very patient with us. It could get a little loud in the lobby with ten 11-12 year of boys but they were never anything but nice. I give them two big thumbs up! Besides the staff being so fabulous, the hotel was very clean and accommodating. They offered a wonderful breakfast buffet every morning and laundry room. And with us being there for almost a week that really came in handy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGIKilleen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Killeen, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
It was a pleasure having your team here with us! We do what we can to accommodate our guests and hope that we will see you back here next time!
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on July 8, 2012. After a long drive in rainy weather, this clean and friendly place was a sight for sore eyes. The night manager called THREE times just to make sure our accommodations were satisfactory. An additional pleasant surprise is the availability of room service from several nearby restaurants--just the thing for tired travelers. This is a place I would recommend to all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGIKilleen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Killeen, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for posting such a positive review and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great location, 4 resturants in the parking lot (pluckers wings, tilted kilt, Logan's, and Boston's). Very clean, stay here often. Free breakfast for gold/plat honors, $10 otherwise. Only thing I whis they would add are free weights to the fitness center.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Killeen, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful compliments about our property! I am looking forward to having you back with us in the fall. With regards to the free weights, we do have an agreement with a local gym that you are able to use at a minimal fee. Ask my team about it if you are interested or contact me directly prior to your arrival and I will get everything set up for you.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Cheryl Shibuya
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed here in May 2012, and loved this hotel and location, T he only problem I have had and always will have is the Business Center computers need to be seriously upgraded as they are slow and need a bigger monitor. Otherwise, this is my go to hotel in Killeen. As, the staff has been great and the rooms great otherwise.

Room Tip: great place and nearby places to eat within walkin distance. Wish they had a "happy hour"...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Killeen, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to rate us and provide us with comments regarding your stay. The business center issue has been noted and I will look into getting that problem rectified. I'm so pleased to hear that other than that your trip was satisfactory for you. Thank you again for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Killeen as your choice for accommodations when in the Killeen/Ft. Hood area. If there is anything that I can do to be of assistance to you please don't hesitate to contact me directly at any time.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

I made a mistake with my trips and did not cancel a night and to my surprise I got an email from the manager asking if I was ok. They also credited that night so my company does not have to pay for my mistakes! The staff is very friendly and the rooms very clean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment! We strive to ensure that our repeat guests receive the best service. We understand that things happen and last minute cancelations sometimes slip our minds when we have a lot going on. I appreciate you and thank you again for choosing Hilton Garden Inn for your lodging accommodations when in Killeen, TX.
Channelview, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Comfortable beds, nice hotel! When we arrived, there were fresh cookies! It was a very peaceful place.

• Stayed May 2012