“Tonya made our trip great, her services really stood out.”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Reviewed June 23, 2009

the trip was great. Tonya made our trip by helping us in the ways that she had seen fit. she went out of her way to help us with the first calvery. she did an amazing jobs props to her. from us greating her at 3 in the morning, she stood there with a smile on her face. The room service was great. they did and amazing job. the weight room was okay. it needs free weights like a bench bar free weights. but at the end of our stay it was great...... and once again thanks to Tonya. See ya again next year.

-- Georgia Boys

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed June 9, 2009

We stayed at the Shilo for 7 nights and were extremely pleased with everything except the check-in process. There was a new clerk on the desk alone who should have had a helper. Other than that, all was perfect. The restaurant was very fancy and the food was good. The prices were slightly higher than normal, but the hotel gives out a $3.00 restaurant coupon to offset the total bill daily. The bed was comfortable, the room we stayed in was very large and had a full kitchen. The air conditioner worked perfectly and we were able to run the fan all the time which made a great buffer to any outside noises. Our room even had a decent sized wall safe to store valuables. If we return to Killeen, we will be sure to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I recently stayed at the Shilo for a 5-day conference. I enjoyed the stay. Each staff member were great - professional and courteous.

I had a great time!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I stayed at the Shilo Inn for approx 3 weeks for business. The Inn has good accommodations. Breakfast is basic but decent. Rooms large and clean (I had a full kitchen). Bed was very comfortable. Sheets were a very good quality. Staff was very friendly. The only complaint that I could possibly think of, is that the walls and floor aren't padded enough. You can here people above you walking down the hallways. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I recently planned a conference for about 70 people in Killeen. After looking at what was available the Shiloh was the only place I would book for our group. The rooms are all large, comfortable and very clean. The salt water pool is wonderful and the fitness area, saunas and hot tubs are a nice plus. The sales staff was great to work with and the banquet staff took care of all our needs. Normally banquet food is not that great but the Shiloh Inn is an exception. The banquet meal we had for over 100 people was excellent.
Pleasing a group in nearly impossible but I received nothing but compliments for my selection of the Shiloh for our conference. The onsite restaurant has very good food at reasonable prices. You really don't need to look any further for large meetings or individual travel. The Shiloh is the best hotel in this area.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2009

My family stayed at the Shilo for four nights over spring break. We were visiting family stationed at Fort Hood.
We found the room to be very clean and housekeeping did a wonderful job keeping the room fresh for us. The linens were nice quality and the beds were very comfortable. Our only issue with the hotel was that the breakfast was not good. The choices were basic and bland. A microwave was offered for heating up piles of cold processed foods like french toast and some sort of burrito thing. While there was an area with a coffee bar, the attendant seemed to be napping, so I never bothered him for anything. We aren't hard to please with the breakfast, so this was disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2009

A funeral in Killeen meant a quick overnight stay. We've been to Killeen several times for family reunions and stayed in a variety of mediocre hotels in the area. I decided to try something different and the reviews looked promising. I must say, I was heartily impressed with all that this hotel had to offer. The decor was modern and contemporary, down to the flat screen LCD TV in the room. While I didn't get a chance to use them, the fitness room, indoor pool, and hot tubs looked clean and pleasant. The complementary breakfast was satisfying and there was plenty of free and well lit parking. My wife made good use of the free in room wifi internet access to check in with work while we were there. The staff was also very friendly at every point of contact with them.
The only knock I would give this place is that the beds were on the firm side. I generally like a firm bed, so I didn't have much trouble. My wife prefers a very soft mattress and had trouble getting comfortable. But, the pluses far outweighed this one negative.
For the price, no three star hotel I've been in offers as much and many four star places I've stayed in don't compare. We make the trip to Killeen every year for a reunion and I know from now on this is where we'll be staying. After this experience, I would have to say that they are going to be my first choice when available in an area I'm staying in.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family