“Good - not great!”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Killeen
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First time here for a short stay. Hotel looks very nice on the outside. Rooms are also nice with two televisions with premium channels, living area (couch and table) with small kitchenette (microwave, coffee maker, fridge, etc.). Very comfortable and quiet. Did not get to take advantage of gym, pool, sauna,steam room, or hot tub. Included breakfast was just acceptable. Scrambled eggs were dry, no meat, also had waffles, cereal, fruit, etc. Staff is friendly and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear CaptBoon,

Glad you enjoyed your stay! We do rotate different items through our barista with several meat items in the rotation. Hopefully next time we welcome you for a visit you can take advantage of more of the amenities we offer. Thank you!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Shiloh proved to be a very good place. Courteous staff, clean, comfortable and convenient.

We never got around to using the pool or some of the other amenities, so I can't really comment on those.

We had a king room - nicely sized, with a kitchen which we never used. Thermostat made the room temperature easy to control. We were on the 1st floor so a little vehicle noise on occasion, but nothing out of the way or bothersome.

Only possible negative was that the cleaning staff took our old towels, but neglected to leave fresh ones. The front desk had a good supply however so it was not an issue.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear dflickd,

Thank you for choosing Shilo Inn Killeen for your stay. We are glad you had a nice and comfortable stay with us and appreciate your comments. Hopefully next time you can enjoy a few more of the hotels features to enhance your total experience.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We live in Killeen and stayed at this hotel for a military ball (The ball was right next door at the civic center). I was very impressed with the room: Large, clean and comfortable. This would be my top recommendation to anyone visiting Killeen.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear gregandchrissy,

We are very happy you enjoyed evening with us. We look forward to having you and yours with us again and thank you for helping us spread the word about our convenient location for Convention Center events!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed for 10 days on business. Ice machine on floor was inoperable the entire stay so was the ice machine. Had to go to another floor to wash clothes, get ice. 10 days and still broken!

Room was hit and miss for the linen. Some days bath towels missing, other days, floor towel missing, etc. Never changed my sheets in the ten days I stayed there.

Walls are not sound proof so hope you have quite neighbours. Floors are carpeted but made of wood so you also hear the 2 ton elephant staying in the room above you.

Room design has the carpet going up the wall for approximately four inches, some of which was separating from the wall (about four feet near the AC unit). Notified the front desk, never repaired. Guess they did not want the glue smell bothering me - but why didn't they fix it prior to renting the room out?

The so called free breakfast is about the worst I have run into, most days they did not even have yogurt. Advertised to begin at 0500 daily, well, they were just setting up at that time.

Don't expect much out of the attached restaurant, food is average and over priced. Lots of other restaurants to choose from in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear exitc2004,

Thank you for taking to time to give us an opportunity to improve and I can assure you I am personally looking into all the issues you have brought to our attention. Sincerely appreciate your stay with us and hope you will contact me to discuss your visit and let me know when you plan to stay with us again so I can personally see to all your needs and expectations.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

At the last minute, we needed a hotel for the night. They were very accommodating, the rooms are large and were clean. Beds were comfortable, the rooms also have kitchens/kitchenettes in them with almost-regular size refrigerators. They have laundry available, though only one washer was working when we stayed there. Breakfast was good, and included in the price. I highly recommend the Shilo Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear 1militaryspouse,

We are very happy we were able to accommodate last minute! Also glad you enjoyed our rooms and breakfast. Our apologies about the laundry machine issues. We have parts on order and will have them back to speed as soon as possible. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Troy Summerill CHA, CFBE

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I've been to Shilo Inn and Suites a few times back in 2009-2010 and recently went back to killeen for business and stayed there again. I have never enjoyed a stay the way I do at shilo!! Upon check in we were given free drinks from the restraint on site and the tickets for their continental breakfast. The rooms are amazing!!! We've stayed in a 2 queen suite every time and they never disappoint. They have a kitchenette full with fridge stove oven microwave and sink!! Granite counters and clean clean clean!!! Front desk is very helpful and fast with their service!!! Thank you for making a tedious trip somewhat enjoyable!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Ceh0587,

Nothing rings better in a Manager’s ear than a guest taking the time to review their property from a great stay. We absolutely LOVE our Killeen property and we hope that on your next trip to Killeen, you stay with us. Just don’t wait so long next time.

Troy Summerill

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband & I travel to Killeen several times a year to visit our Son's grave. We would never consider staying any place other than the Shilo! The suites are top of the line and the staff at the Shilo assures us a very personal touch to our stay. The amenities of this lovely hotel are excellent - especially the pool & hot tubs. The Mark has wonderfully delicious food and the bar is warm & inviting. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Manuel-Jayme L
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Manuel-Jayme L,

Although I am glad you choose Shilo Inns while you are in Central Texas, I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for staying with us during such an emotional and reflective visit.

Troy Summerill