“Great Getaway”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
“Great Getaway”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had my grandchildren for the day in Killeen, stayed here at hotel. The staff was very friendly, and took care of our needs. Staff gave us a close place to purchase swimsuits. Kids loved the indoor pool and spa, we spent hours there. Ordered dinner to our room and enjoyed the spacious jr suite. Lots of room for the kids. I didnt have any problems with noise from doors or people close or even above us. Would do this in a heartbeat again. Thanks for a great day and night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank imchazbo
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear imchazbo,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I truly hope that when you are in the Killeen again, you and your grandchildren stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your review here on Trip Advisor.

Troy Summerill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Michigan
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a wedding. The rooms are beautiful, the breakfast very good, with an attendant making cappucinos. The reception was at the hotel and it was run very well. Would stay here again with no hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jeweljem
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear jeweljem,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I would like to know how we can improve our restaurant food in your opinion. If you find the time, please call and let me know your thoughts. Often, we get rave reviews on our food and I want to know where we might have fallen short 254.699.0999

Troy Summerill CHA, CFBE
Oakland, Tennessee
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our stay at the Shilo was outstanding, the Staff was amazing, rooms were awesome, it was a very pleasant stay. My family enjoyed the Shilo Inn and we would recommend it to all our friends.
Shilo host the soldiers of Fort Hood and the surrounding community.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quite on any floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank leatherneck794
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Leatherneck794,

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Shilo Inns honors all our patriotic soldiers and the sacrifices they make for our great country. Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns and thank you for your service!

Troy S.
Charlotte
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We arrived late in the afternoon with no reservation. The front desk person was so pleasant and helpful. She gave us directions to places we needed to go and recommended a restaurant near by which we enjoyed. We were able to get a great room for a terrific value. We received coupons for breakfast and drinks. Breakfast was what I would call 'continental' and nothing special. But it was something to start our day. The drink coupon was for domestic draft beer or house wine. I don't drink either, so I did not find that useful. The room was very clean and came with a little kitchenette. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Kileen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank AnnD920
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear AddD920

Thank you for taking the time to comment here on Trip Advisor. We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will choose us again when you are in Killeen.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while going for interviews in the Temple/Killeen area. We had our dog with us one night and there is a one time $25 fee, no matter how long you stay which I felt was reasonable. The front desk staff were kind, knowledgable and got us checked in and out quickly. The room was absolutely HUGE!!! I did not expect that for the price. We had a King Suite. The sink area was separate from the bathroom and had a vanity with a mirror and seating to put your make up on. On the other side of the bed was a kitchen/dining area with a sink, coffee pot, fridge, and microwave. There was a large 4 person table, as well as a couch and desk. The TV was not flat panel, but not a huge deal to us. We were given coupons for breakfast, but did not end up using them. They also give you a discount coupon for the restaurant located in the hotel, but we did not visit. The ONLY issue we had was the noise. The walls are very thin, the first morning we were woke up by the alarm in the person's room NEXT to us and it went off for at least 20 mins. My husband left and I was able to sleep a little longer, but not soundly. I could here the family with children in the room on the other side of us, almost like they were In our room. I also kept hearing someone running back and forth across the room above me. It wasn't that late in the morning, maybe 8:30. I thought maybe I was making too much of it, but the next morning while we were both getting ready, we could hear people talking in the rooms on both sides and the feet running across the floor above. Overall, I would recommend this hotel, especially if you are a heavy sleeper or get up early anyway. :o) We had a great stay!

• Stayed February 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Txgirl79,

I am very happy that you enjoyed you stay with us here in Killeen. I am sorry that the next door neighbors were loud and woke you. I hope that you consider staying with us again your next trip through Killeen. Maybe a room on the 4th floor will allow you a better rest. Thank you again for your kind words and elaborate review.

Fort Hood, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had to stay here for emergency purposes, and it was great...you can't go wrong with an indoor swimming and the ammenties of a home with a splash of a getway feel all in one package. Highly recommend this hotel for any of lodging needs, especially military families transitioning in or out of Fort Hood. We are planning to stay there just because tommorow!

Room Tip: Executive Suite if you have children and staying for a long period of time
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nellie P
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Nellie P,

Although I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, I hope you are able to get back to your home soon. Please visit us again when the situation isn’t so dyer. Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns.

Killeen, Texas
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I come to stay at this hotel several times a year because I work overseas. I am ALAWYS impressed with the staff, very friendly. One employee that works there is Jasmin. She is ALWAYS helpful, highly knowledgeable of her job and comletely professional. I Love this hotel and would not ever consider staying anyplace else. It has EVERYTHING you need. Like a home away from home. I HIGHLY recommend them and you wont regret it! Continental breakfast if you want it, a beautiful pool (enjoyed in season of course) but they also have a hot tub. Restaurant staff is friendly and great. Absolute best first class hotel ever!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Isabella L
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Isabella L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review here on Trip Advisor. Jasmin is definitely a shining star within our beautiful hotel. We hope that you think of us the next time you stay in Killeen.