“WONDERFUL Hotel Except....”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while going for interviews in the Temple/Killeen area. We had our dog with us one night and there is a one time $25 fee, no matter how long you stay which I felt was reasonable. The front desk staff were kind, knowledgable and got us checked in and out quickly. The room was absolutely HUGE!!! I did not expect that for the price. We had a King Suite. The sink area was separate from the bathroom and had a vanity with a mirror and seating to put your make up on. On the other side of the bed was a kitchen/dining area with a sink, coffee pot, fridge, and microwave. There was a large 4 person table, as well as a couch and desk. The TV was not flat panel, but not a huge deal to us. We were given coupons for breakfast, but did not end up using them. They also give you a discount coupon for the restaurant located in the hotel, but we did not visit. The ONLY issue we had was the noise. The walls are very thin, the first morning we were woke up by the alarm in the person's room NEXT to us and it went off for at least 20 mins. My husband left and I was able to sleep a little longer, but not soundly. I could here the family with children in the room on the other side of us, almost like they were In our room. I also kept hearing someone running back and forth across the room above me. It wasn't that late in the morning, maybe 8:30. I thought maybe I was making too much of it, but the next morning while we were both getting ready, we could hear people talking in the rooms on both sides and the feet running across the floor above. Overall, I would recommend this hotel, especially if you are a heavy sleeper or get up early anyway. :o) We had a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Txgirl79,

I am very happy that you enjoyed you stay with us here in Killeen. I am sorry that the next door neighbors were loud and woke you. I hope that you consider staying with us again your next trip through Killeen. Maybe a room on the 4th floor will allow you a better rest. Thank you again for your kind words and elaborate review.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had to stay here for emergency purposes, and it was great...you can't go wrong with an indoor swimming and the ammenties of a home with a splash of a getway feel all in one package. Highly recommend this hotel for any of lodging needs, especially military families transitioning in or out of Fort Hood. We are planning to stay there just because tommorow!

Room Tip: Executive Suite if you have children and staying for a long period of time
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nellie P
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Nellie P,

Although I am happy that you enjoyed your stay, I hope you are able to get back to your home soon. Please visit us again when the situation isn’t so dyer. Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I come to stay at this hotel several times a year because I work overseas. I am ALAWYS impressed with the staff, very friendly. One employee that works there is Jasmin. She is ALWAYS helpful, highly knowledgeable of her job and comletely professional. I Love this hotel and would not ever consider staying anyplace else. It has EVERYTHING you need. Like a home away from home. I HIGHLY recommend them and you wont regret it! Continental breakfast if you want it, a beautiful pool (enjoyed in season of course) but they also have a hot tub. Restaurant staff is friendly and great. Absolute best first class hotel ever!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Isabella L
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Isabella L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review here on Trip Advisor. Jasmin is definitely a shining star within our beautiful hotel. We hope that you think of us the next time you stay in Killeen.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Second time staying at this hotel and again it has exceeded my expectations! The front desk staff was friendly and prompt, the room was very clean and well appointed. The full sized refrigerator was great for water and left overs. By the way, we had a full kitchen just in case we wanted to cook. We found the continental breakfast had a nice variety of hot and cold offerings. The location was key for us. It is close to everything & everywhere you need to be in Killeen (Fort Hood, the mall, restaurants, etc.). Great stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ladybugg73
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear ladybugg73,

Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Killeen area.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was very happy with my stay at the shilo it was clean,comfortable and the staff especially Jasmin were extra friendly. Being a dog lover it is hard for me to find hotels that will except my furry friend but the shilo was very accommodating.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank gigiw1
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear gigiw1,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate Jasmin very much also. We look forward to seeing you and your furry friend again when you visit Killeen.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at the Shilo Inn for 6 days during a Church Conference on 1/25-1/31. My room was upgraded to an Executive suite, with a full kitchen. It was very nice. Brandon at the front desk was very kind and courteous, referring to me by name each time I entered the lobby. My only complaint is that I searched diligently for hotels for the Conference. The one must have was an indoor pool. I was able to narrow my choice to two hotels in the area. Prior to arriving, I phoned the hotel to ask if the pool was open, and I was told that it was. I then cancelled my reservation at the other hotel, and booked this one. From the day I arrived, until I left, there was yellow tape around the pool, and the indoor hot tub was flooded with children. Totally unacceptable. Otherwise, the rooms were clean and large, breakfast was great, and a free shuttle is available from the airport.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Susie19943
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Susie 19943,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very sorry that our pool was down during your stay with us. We did everything in our power to get the parts here to bring the pool back up and running. Other than that, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Brandon is a great employee and we appreciate him as well.

Genearl Manager

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

The bar staff is great! Courtney, Manny, & Dianne are very courteous & we have never had a bad experience there. The prices are great & thursday's ladies night is half price. We love spending time there & will be regular customers!

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Jess831
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Jess831,

Ladies night is growing in popularity exponentially and we appreciate our lounge staff very much. Thank you so much for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.