“My favorite hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Atlanta, Georgia
“My favorite hotel!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed at the Shilo Inn twice before and both times were incredible. The rooms are very lardge and accomadating. They have a separate area for dining and television and the bed is very large and comfortable. The other suites have a full kitchen with a microwave, stove, oven and dishwasher! The hotel has an indoor swimming pool and a hot tub outside! There is FREE parking!! And the hotel has a restaurant called The Mark. It has THE BEST brunch I have ever had. Complimentary mimosas and an omelette station! In the evenings, (on weekdays), there is a happy hour with half off select appetizers and drinks. There is a complimentary continental breakfast, too. There is even a shuttle to take you back and forth to the airport, if needed. The Shilo Inn is a romantic place, but it is family friendly, too. I love it and will stay NOWHERE else when I am in the area!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fal L
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Fai L,

Thank you very much for the review. We are very proud of our Shilo Inn Killeen and we hope to see you again very soon!

Troy Summerill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Very friendly, the manager was outstanding with me and my family. The rooms are out of this world. I cannot believe that there is a hotel of this caliber hidden in this place. And as a added bonus, it's pet friendly. We were able to have our Great Dane in the room with us. I refuse to stay at any other hotel now that I have stayed on this one in killeen. On a scale from one to ten, a definite 20!!!!! All facilities were exceptionally kept at a family friendly environment. I could write about how great this hotel is for days, but I rather have you experience it yourself. Staying at this hotel is a MUST!!! It is the hidden treasure of hotels in killeen.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank alcruz
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear alcruz,

Thank you so much for your comments. We truly enjoyed having you here and we hope to see you, your family and your furry family members again soon.

Maineville
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon and it wasn't great, but I would definitely say it is one of the better hotels in the Killeen, TX area. I loved the location and the room was okay...We loved that it has the full kitchen but it was poorly kept even though it is a new hotel. The breakfast staff was terrible, if present at all when my husband I were eating.... The front desk staff wears whatever they feel like... no consistency from a hotel of this size...and I ALWAYS had to ring a bell to get their attention. We are there on a very busy weekend and there was only one person on, and they clearly needed more staff. The pool would have been nice if it wasn't murky and cloudy the whole time...and had a mildew smell the whole time. Overall it was decent....much better than other Killeen hotels....but my husband and I probably won't be back....

Room Tip: Ask for a room that IS NOT ADJOINING unless that is what you are looking for....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear HBarcus,

I am so sorry your stay here was not as fabulous as we want it to be for you. Your comments are very important to us and we make every effort possible to ensure your time with us is as memorable as your wedding day. If you can call me, we can discuss the issues you had and I can ensure we touch on all of them. Thank you for your comments. 254.699.0999

Sincrely,

Troy Sumerill
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The breakfast bar was very limited and they ran out of the in-room coffee packets on Wednesday of a week long stay. As of Friday they still couldn't offer any in-room coffee. I did have ants in my room from some unknown pretzel that found its way into my room. Other than that, the stay was nice and the rooms were very nice and clean. The service was decent. They didn't honor my tax exempt certificate from city where I am employed, so be prepared to pay the taxes even if they quote a different price. Upon check-in, the hotel attendant asked if I had been drinking. That was a stupid question after I'd been on the road for eight hours.

• Stayed October 2012
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear LLLovelady,

Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns during your stay here in Killeen. I am so very sorry that we had run out of coffee while you were here. Unfortunately our order for the specialty coffee came in late Friday. I am very concerned about the ants issue. If you are able to contact me 254.699.0999 I would like to have a pest control company come look at the room you were in. The comment from our front desk staff is unacceptable. When you call back I will make sure I get to the bottom of that issue and why we could not honor your tax exempt form. I am glad we did well with the service and cleanliness but it looks like we need to address a couple other concerns you had. I look forward to your call.

Misawa Japan
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed here for one night before I left for my flight to Japan from Atlanta. The area immediately around the hotel is not the best and you'll quickly notice alot of traffic during rush hour but it's not that big of a deal. I didn't see any rudeness from the front desk when I signed in but I did notice most of the employees wearing what they wanted instead of a laid out uniform, they definitely need more than one elevator at this place. So I get to my room (Executive Suite) and I notice a there are stains on the floor, you would think a hotel of this caliber would be able to clean that up, I also found stains on the coach. One good thing is they do have free WiFi that doesn't require a new password every 30 minutes. Another thing to my surprise was the shower wasn't hot at all even after several adjustments, they should really work on that. The kitchen is nice but the tv is very small and outdated, flat panel TV's in hotels have become the norm but not with this hotel. The door to your room is also extrmeley heavy and will shut loudly whenever you close it. For the next morning I woke up early to catch breakfast, the person behind the breakfast counter gave off attitude when I asked her a simple question and for the most part she acted like she didn't want to be there. I also failed to find any 'do not disturb' sign in my room.

Overall this place wasn't bad but I don't know if the service can justify the price. Like the reviewer below stated the place is decent but you get the sense that it's going downhill fast and it starts with customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Travller20,

Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns during your stay in Killeen. I am so sorry that you had a less than exceptional experience while you were here. I am also very concerned about the reception you received from our staff in the barista. I assure you that this is not the kind of customer service that we find acceptable. We are looking into this with great attention. If you have the ability to discuss in more detail your stay, I want to look into each and every concern you had. Again, thank you for letting us know your concerns. We want to remain the best in Central Texas.

fort hood
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here 2 years ago and loved it. Our a/c went out so we decided to stay at a local hotel instead of putting up with the 105 degree heat. I was so excited to book the Shilo after our stay here 2 years ago. However, it has gone downhill. The staff wasn't as friendly, the room had small tvs, and overall our expectations just were not met. When we stayed before we had gotten free breakfast at the Mark, but now they have the cheap continental breakfast like every other hotel. I guess I was expecting something special but its now its just like staying at the comfort inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Lainie L,

I am so sorry your stay was not the same as it was 2 years before. Yes, we have made some changes but we were hoping for the better as a lot of guests wanted the faster continental style of breakfast and not the sit down. A change that is not acceptable is the non-friendly staff. If there is an opportunity that you can call the property and speak with me, I will personally look into this immediately. Thank you for your comments, they are very important to us and it helps us continually improve.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We heard footsteps all night above our heads. Maybe just an obese person. My next stay there will be on the 4th floor to avoid anyone above me. We took our breakfast to our room because there was no place to enjoy it in the lobby. Comfortable bed with lots of pillows.

Room Tip: Top floor!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear texassnail,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry that the guest above you were heavy walkers during your stay with us. I hope that when you stay with us again we can place you on the top floor so that you all you hear are the whispers of moon beams on the roof.