Shilo Inns Killeen
Quality Inn(Killeen)
$52
$39
Agoda.com
All reviewsindoor poolfront deskfull kitchencigar barsteam roomfort hoodgreat customer servicethe general managerspecial thankscomplimentary breakfastbreakfast barrooms are largechecking inthe entire staffking bedstaying at this hotelwaffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here 2 years ago and loved it. Our a/c went out so we decided to stay at a local hotel instead of putting up with the 105 degree heat. I was so excited to book the Shilo after our stay here 2 years ago. However, it has gone downhill. The staff wasn't as friendly, the room had small tvs, and overall our expectations just were not met. When we stayed before we had gotten free breakfast at the Mark, but now they have the cheap continental breakfast like every other hotel. I guess I was expecting something special but its now its just like staying at the comfort inn.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Lainie L,

I am so sorry your stay was not the same as it was 2 years before. Yes, we have made some changes but we were hoping for the better as a lot of guests wanted the faster continental style of breakfast and not the sit down. A change that is not acceptable is the non-friendly staff. If there is an opportunity that you can call the property and speak with me, I will personally look into this immediately. Thank you for your comments, they are very important to us and it helps us continually improve.

Troy Summerill CHA, CFBE

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We heard footsteps all night above our heads. Maybe just an obese person. My next stay there will be on the 4th floor to avoid anyone above me. We took our breakfast to our room because there was no place to enjoy it in the lobby. Comfortable bed with lots of pillows.

Room Tip: Top floor!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear texassnail,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry that the guest above you were heavy walkers during your stay with us. I hope that when you stay with us again we can place you on the top floor so that you all you hear are the whispers of moon beams on the roof.

Troy Summerill CHA, CFBE

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We held our fantasy football draft in one of their larger suites and had a blast. Only a couple of us stayed the night, but after the draft we spent time in bar and enjoyed the free drink tickets they gave us at check in.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jlpacker
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear jlpacker,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you win your league.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Wouldn't say this is a 5 star hotel, but it's pretty nice. Granite countertops in the room. Fridge, microwave, TV, comfortable bed. Would stay there again. Pool was nice and hot tub was big. Had a pretty good gym along with some good coffee in the lounge area.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mrjasongill
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear mrjasongrill,

Thank you. Our salt water pool and hot tubs are great after a day in the Texas heat. Our rooms are a great relaxing oasis for sleep. Great guests like you make it all worth it.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

There are many reasons why I don't recommend this hotel. I tried to post them here, but it doesn't allow more than 200 characters. Here is a summary: TERRIBLE internet service (couldn't even watch videos on youtube), poor cable service (only a few channels), no vending machines with snacks (they only have water and soda), and no lunch menu at restaurant (they only offer one option - a very simple, limited option buffet). There are other things that I don't have room to post here. For the price, I was VERY disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inns Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Vanessa L,

I am so sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay here at the Shilo Killeen. We will review our internet availability to try to ensure other guests do not experience the same disappointment as you. We do offer a buffet for the weekends and a full service menu for dinner. If you would like to discuss any other concerns, I am available for contact. 254.699.0999