“Nice indoor pool and sauna”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Killeen
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We heard footsteps all night above our heads. Maybe just an obese person. My next stay there will be on the 4th floor to avoid anyone above me. We took our breakfast to our room because there was no place to enjoy it in the lobby. Comfortable bed with lots of pillows.

Room Tip: Top floor!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear texassnail,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry that the guest above you were heavy walkers during your stay with us. I hope that when you stay with us again we can place you on the top floor so that you all you hear are the whispers of moon beams on the roof.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We held our fantasy football draft in one of their larger suites and had a blast. Only a couple of us stayed the night, but after the draft we spent time in bar and enjoyed the free drink tickets they gave us at check in.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jlpacker
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear jlpacker,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you win your league.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Wouldn't say this is a 5 star hotel, but it's pretty nice. Granite countertops in the room. Fridge, microwave, TV, comfortable bed. Would stay there again. Pool was nice and hot tub was big. Had a pretty good gym along with some good coffee in the lounge area.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mrjasongill
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear mrjasongrill,

Thank you. Our salt water pool and hot tubs are great after a day in the Texas heat. Our rooms are a great relaxing oasis for sleep. Great guests like you make it all worth it.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

There are many reasons why I don't recommend this hotel. I tried to post them here, but it doesn't allow more than 200 characters. Here is a summary: TERRIBLE internet service (couldn't even watch videos on youtube), poor cable service (only a few channels), no vending machines with snacks (they only have water and soda), and no lunch menu at restaurant (they only offer one option - a very simple, limited option buffet). There are other things that I don't have room to post here. For the price, I was VERY disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Vanessa L,

I am so sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay here at the Shilo Killeen. We will review our internet availability to try to ensure other guests do not experience the same disappointment as you. We do offer a buffet for the weekends and a full service menu for dinner. If you would like to discuss any other concerns, I am available for contact. 254.699.0999

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a confirmed reservation for a convention, which we made over a month ago. When we arrived after a 6 hour drive, they informed us that we had been moved somewhere else because they had a glitch in their system. Management said they had known for a week , but they never bothered to contact us, even though they had my husband's cell number listed on the OVERBOOKED list. They then said they tried to call us TODAY!!! LIES!!!! We found out that they overbooked 40 rooms!!!! This is what I call BAD BUSINESS!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank wiesml

Dear pbwtok,

I am very sorry that you were one of the few that we had to move to the Kiwanis overflow hotel. I assure you, we did try to call every guest and let them know that their reservation was moved. There were a couple that the number was incorrect on our end or the phone number was not recorded and we had to wait until that guest arrived to inform them. If you would like to talk about this further, I would be happy to talk to you in person. 254.699.0999. The convention was a huge success and we look forward to having them again in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel is spacious with an kitchenette and granite countertops. Free complimentary breakfast is provided, but if this hotel was in a popular location such as Orlando, San Diego and the like, the cost would be $300+ per night. However, since it's in a small town such as Killeen, you will get a great bang for your buck! The location is quiet because not much is around it. Don't think twice. Just book the room because what you get is above average.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Al D
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear AI D,
Thank you for your review. We are very proud of our Killeen location. Maybe someday Central Texas will be as popular as Orlando or San Diego minus the proximity of large bodies of salt water. :)

Troy S.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Rooms were clean and spacious. Two TVs, sink, microwave, work table etc. were part of the suite amenities.

The location is a bit off the main strip in Kilkeen, but that worked fine for me. There is a bail bond joint across the road and a couple of strip joints about a half mike down the road- it's not the best part of Killeen.

Breakfast was below basic. They should really improve their availability.

I'll stay here again if I ever need to go back to Ft. Hood.

• Stayed: July 2012
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Bobby S,

Thank you for your review. Your comments and opinions are important to us. We will continue to look at areas where we can improve. We hope to see you again soon.