“Good Stay”

Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Texas
“Good Stay”
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Arrived and quickly given keycards. Room clean, smelled good, but the door had been broken off the freezer area of the refrigerator and removed. Clerk offered no explanation when I phoned down, just asked me to come get cards to different room. New room smelled a little funny / musty, carpet had really loose spots that bunched up like it had been water damaged maybe . Bathroom and kitchen areas squeaky clean and smelled of cleaner, beds comfortable and spotless white sheets, so we decided to let it go. One big positive plenty of towels, and they were really nice and fluffy. Mattresses were very comfortable. Breakfast was hot, fresh and plentiful, but the coffee was kept in some type of thermos and barely warm at all. Also had juices and milk set out on counter in glass pitchers with nothing to keep them cool. I did note they didn't put much in them and kept replacing with new from their fridge. Overall impression, the hotel needs some upgrades like new carpet - even the hallway carpet was clearly worn - but the place was quite clean and we were treated well. Location seemed fine, although position on service road meant a lot of u-turning when heading into Killeen, nothing unreasonable, and never felt unsafe. Overall worst feature was the cold coffee in the breakfast area, coffee maker in room saved the day for us.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 17, 2011

This hotel seems to be relatively new (maybe 3-4 years old) but it's showing signs of aging very quickly. The construction seems to be very cheap even by hotel standards. The walls are paper thin or at least sound that way and the people's footsteps above you sound like they're walking in your head. It seems like the hotel has either had many unruly guests who cause damage to the premises or haven't done enough maintenance to fix problems. When you get off the elevator on the second floor the wall has obviously been kicked and has been haphazardly "fixed". I don't think the hotel staff vacuumed the carpet in either the hallways or elevator once during my three days there and the carpets have many stains and smells. Overall it just felt dingy and run down even though it's likely no that old. The fitness center leaves much to be desired. I probably will not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Killeen hotels

Kyle, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We've just got back from staying at this hotel and at first glance it was great. It was clean, entirely smoke free, great location with lots of restaurants in close proximity. Good continental breakfast...these are all the pros. However once in the spacious room i noticed some things i just found to be ridiculous . Their pillows are little squares...im serious, its Ike half a pillow! What is that? I don't understand....made for an uncomfortable sleep. Beds were firm but comfortable. The carpet in our room needed to be replaced, there were several stains about the room, and Our carpet was bunching up, like it was unattached to the floor. I thought theree should have been a complimentary bottle of water in the room, the water from the tap was aweful, undrinkable. Our room smelled a bit funny, my husband said it smelled like celery, i couldn't identify the scent. Our room was always humid, no matter how cold it was, i woke up a couple times and i thought to myself...why is it damp in here?
Bathrooms were nice and large, with loads of towels, and nice granite countertops.
My friend staying in another room had a problem,, they left a five dollar tip for the housekeeper, who returned the next day, took the tip and didn't do anything to the room. Beds unmade, no new towels, everything was exactly the same as they left it that morning.

That said, i would stay again,it was a good price, great location, comfortable and a nice breakfast.
Just bring your own pillow..... :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Mucholovosaro
Wichita Falls
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for three days. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the outdoor pool. The beds were comfy and everything was clean. We got a great rate as military-just had to book it online. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed May 2, 2009

I spent a week at the comfort suites, killeen TX during a business trip. I dont enjoy going to Killeen, so if I had the choice Id stay in a finer hotel to make my trip worthwhile, but since the company I work for booked the hotel, I made the best of it.

The comfort suites is new but its "just okay". Its a mid-class hotel which has a very casual feel. Most of its guests are mostly business travelers, military troops passing through (mostly army), and some aircrew from the local airport.

It sits on one of the main busy highways in town and doesnt look like the best construction. The walls are thin (as I walked down the halls a few times I could hear people talking in their rooms. I could also hear a new guest above my room moving their luggage in). There were gaps in some of the the bathtub tiles; I'm wondering if water will start to seep through behind the walls, but that's not my concern as a guest. Its just not pleasing to see.

PROS:
1) The hotel does offer essential ammenities such as a free hot breakfast every morning. (eggs are pre made & you serve yourself buffett style. If you dont eat pork etc, you may not be able to enjoy them.).
2) There is also FREE in-room wireless service, which is a plus.
3) The staff seemed very friendly and down to earth. Kudos to them.
4) Fairly priced; the room rate was below $100 for a "suite" with a king bed, seperate living pace, microwave, mini fridge, and desk area.

The price is why my company selected it. But again, this hotel is nothing fancy, and if I was paying, Id choose a different place to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank nittanyliones
Harrisonburg
Reviewed February 7, 2009

This motel is VERY supportive of the soldiers and their families, offering excellent discounts. My 2 sons and I stayed at the Comfort Suites for 2 nights. We had stayed at another motel in Killeen for 3 other nights. Sure wish I would have booked my entire stay here! All staff were top notch, friendly, helpful and accommodating. The rooms were spacious, quiet and comfortable. Their breakfast was excellent.

My oldest son was deploying to Iraq the last day of our stay and they extended my checkout time to accommodate us. We will definitely stay here next year when he returns from Iraq!

• Liked — The spaciousness of the rooms and the price which included a hot breakfast
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
Reviewed January 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this Hotel for 3 nights, we stay at several hotels during the year and this was the most friendly staff I have ever seen. The maids were wonderful, our room was so clean, the front desk staff always said Hi and had a warm smile when we came in to the hotel, the lady doing the breakfast was so helpful and friendly and again had the sweetest smile on her face every single time we saw her. For the first time ever at any hotel I checked out and the manager was the one checking us out and she was soo friendly, couldnt have asked for a better stay, will stay again and hope that the staff is always there when we return.

• Liked — The Breakfast
  • Disliked — The location..was a little hard to find
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)