“Pretty Clean, Great Location but needs work”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Kyle, Texas
“Pretty Clean, Great Location but needs work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

We've just got back from staying at this hotel and at first glance it was great. It was clean, entirely smoke free, great location with lots of restaurants in close proximity. Good continental breakfast...these are all the pros. However once in the spacious room i noticed some things i just found to be ridiculous . Their pillows are little squares...im serious, its Ike half a pillow! What is that? I don't understand....made for an uncomfortable sleep. Beds were firm but comfortable. The carpet in our room needed to be replaced, there were several stains about the room, and Our carpet was bunching up, like it was unattached to the floor. I thought theree should have been a complimentary bottle of water in the room, the water from the tap was aweful, undrinkable. Our room smelled a bit funny, my husband said it smelled like celery, i couldn't identify the scent. Our room was always humid, no matter how cold it was, i woke up a couple times and i thought to myself...why is it damp in here?
Bathrooms were nice and large, with loads of towels, and nice granite countertops.
My friend staying in another room had a problem,, they left a five dollar tip for the housekeeper, who returned the next day, took the tip and didn't do anything to the room. Beds unmade, no new towels, everything was exactly the same as they left it that morning.

That said, i would stay again,it was a good price, great location, comfortable and a nice breakfast.
Just bring your own pillow..... :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Mucholovosaro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wichita Falls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for three days. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the outdoor pool. The beds were comfy and everything was clean. We got a great rate as military-just had to book it online. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Cape May, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2009

I spent a week at the comfort suites, killeen TX during a business trip. I dont enjoy going to Killeen, so if I had the choice Id stay in a finer hotel to make my trip worthwhile, but since the company I work for booked the hotel, I made the best of it.

The comfort suites is new but its "just okay". Its a mid-class hotel which has a very casual feel. Most of its guests are mostly business travelers, military troops passing through (mostly army), and some aircrew from the local airport.

It sits on one of the main busy highways in town and doesnt look like the best construction. The walls are thin (as I walked down the halls a few times I could hear people talking in their rooms. I could also hear a new guest above my room moving their luggage in). There were gaps in some of the the bathtub tiles; I'm wondering if water will start to seep through behind the walls, but that's not my concern as a guest. Its just not pleasing to see.

PROS:
1) The hotel does offer essential ammenities such as a free hot breakfast every morning. (eggs are pre made & you serve yourself buffett style. If you dont eat pork etc, you may not be able to enjoy them.).
2) There is also FREE in-room wireless service, which is a plus.
3) The staff seemed very friendly and down to earth. Kudos to them.
4) Fairly priced; the room rate was below $100 for a "suite" with a king bed, seperate living pace, microwave, mini fridge, and desk area.

The price is why my company selected it. But again, this hotel is nothing fancy, and if I was paying, Id choose a different place to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank nittanyliones
Harrisonburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2009

This motel is VERY supportive of the soldiers and their families, offering excellent discounts. My 2 sons and I stayed at the Comfort Suites for 2 nights. We had stayed at another motel in Killeen for 3 other nights. Sure wish I would have booked my entire stay here! All staff were top notch, friendly, helpful and accommodating. The rooms were spacious, quiet and comfortable. Their breakfast was excellent.

My oldest son was deploying to Iraq the last day of our stay and they extended my checkout time to accommodate us. We will definitely stay here next year when he returns from Iraq!

• Liked — The spaciousness of the rooms and the price which included a hot breakfast
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this Hotel for 3 nights, we stay at several hotels during the year and this was the most friendly staff I have ever seen. The maids were wonderful, our room was so clean, the front desk staff always said Hi and had a warm smile when we came in to the hotel, the lady doing the breakfast was so helpful and friendly and again had the sweetest smile on her face every single time we saw her. For the first time ever at any hotel I checked out and the manager was the one checking us out and she was soo friendly, couldnt have asked for a better stay, will stay again and hope that the staff is always there when we return.

• Liked — The Breakfast
  • Disliked — The location..was a little hard to find
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Kingman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2008

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times while visiting our son at Fort Hood. We have been pleased with the experience. We are curious as to what kind of mattresses are used as they were very comfortable queen size beds.

• Liked — mattress
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Armyparents
Bozeman, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2008

The Comfort Suites in Killeen was excellent. The hotel staff was beyond helpful and professional. Our room had two queen beds and they were very comfy with nice bedding and comforters. The room had a couch, flat panel tv, microwave, sink, frig, and computer work station with comfy chair. Very elegant decor in the rooms and a nice outdoor seasonal pool that was clean and refreshing. Outdoor lounge chairs by the pool and a umbrella to keep out of the sun if desired. The continental breakfast was superb. Eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravey, bagels, cereal, juices and milk, waffles, fruit, yogurt etc. The nice lady in charge of the breakfast was awesome and went the extra mile to make our breakfast very enjoyable. Nice front desk staff also helped us send and receive some faxes and perform some other business tasks. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the central texas. The hotel is also close to about 10 great restaurants(buffalo wild wings, olive garden, tgi fridays, red lobster, boston market, a couple steakhouses etc). All of these restaurants are located within two miles of the hotel.
Kudos to the management and staff of the Killeen Comfort Suites Hotel!! Great job and see you soon.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business