“Try it!”

WoodSpring Suites Killeen
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was really conflicted about staying at this hotel because all the reviews said this place was terrible. My husband was stationed at Ft.Hood (we haven't applied for housing yet) and was preparing to go to Afghanistan, so my 3 month old son and I needed a place to stay for 2 weeks without breaking our budget. This place was by far the cheapest extended stay hotel we found. I saw the reviews about the smell and the dirt, so I prepared by bringing Lysol wipes, febreez, carpet powder and a vacuum, a mop, our scentsy warmer, and our own sheets/blankets. The only thing I ended up using was our blankets and the scentsy. We got the smallest room possible, but it was perfect for the three of us. We had enough room to set up a pack-and-play for our son, store all his luggage that he needed to take with him, and our own luggage for the 2 week trip. The entire place was surprisingly clean, there was a faint smell but it wasn't a dirty smell, the AC unit worked perfectly, the stove top, microwave, and fridge were all fully functional and spotless! The only thing I have to complain about was the lack of luggage carts, but the staff was very very nice, one guy even helped me load up my car after my husband left. I would definitely recommend this place!!! Please try it, the other reviews are extremely deceiving!! For all the military families, it's literally 5 minutes away from the Bernie Beck Main Gate if you head west. It's also very close to the movie theater, the mall, walmart, HEB, and tons of restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah A
There are newer reviews for WoodSpring Suites Killeen

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I will admit that my stay here at Value Place in Killeen Texas is very pleasant. At first I was very skeptical because of the reviews, but to this very day I have no regrets. Value Place in Killeen was recently renovated and under new management. The staff is very professional, courteous and friendly. The room is very comfortable, clean with all the commodities I need. This place is excellent for a short or long term stay. Another important factor is the price, "Very Affordable". I highly recommend Value Place for military and DA personnel on TDY, PCS move's or for vacation visits. I will be here for an additional month which will conclude my stay in Texas and returning to Germany. In final, I give my compliments to Value Place manament and staff for making my stay very pleasant. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ROYGER
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was PCSed from Eglin AFB to Ft. Hood (for those who dont know, Ft. Hood is in Killeen). When i got to reception they told me they didnt have any Geographical batchlor barracks (Im married, but my wife isnt with me), which is a little odd compared to other posts. I was directed to the on post hotel by one of the senior NCO's. After talking a bit with a SGT who worked at the staff duty desk in the barracks, he directed me to this place. I have to say, very nice place. Everything is clean and new. Talked to some of the maintanence(sp) personell and found out that it had just recently been renovated and was under new management. I was given a tour of the rooms and what the different options were, and was told exactly how the bill would be broken down. And it was only 7$ a day for internet, and the internet was just as good as some i've used in bigger name hotels. Never had any issues, very safe place, everything in the room was clean and well kept up, and everything worked fine. I'm not sure about these other reviews, but it cant be the same place. Perhaps they got the adress wrong. Either way, as this place is very well kept and cheaper than on-post hotel, i highly reccomend it if your PCSing and need temporary lodging. Only 10 mins from post and they know how to break the bill down for when you have to turn it in for reimbursement. Highly reccomended, and i will be sending any soldiers i have come in there in the future- SGT Sparks (Room 401)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We began our stay here just before the new owners and mangers took over and it was TERRIBLE! We were being over charged for a room that was trashed; our pull out sofa was tied together with bandanas. As soon as the new management took over things have began to improve. There are still many issues which need to be addressed, but for the condition of the hotel was in as a whole during the time of transiton it has greatly improved. The internet was the slowest I have ever encountered. It took twenty minutes to check my email. The most frustrating part was having to pay $10 per week to use the crappy internet. We were told that the internet would be improving soon, but yet to see it new carpets wouldnt hurt it feels like a cheap hotel you would pay 25 dollars to stay also we would have stayed if the furniture was comfortable and price on drink machines were not 1.25 for can of soda and icecream machine doesnt work also snack machine is over priced walmart isnt that far away IF AND WHEN THEY FIX THE ISSUE'S WITH COMFORT,INTERNET AND SERVICE WE AND TWO OTHER COUPLES WILL COME BACK UNTIL TIL THEN TALK TO THE LADY THAT TOOK THE HOTEL OVER SHE WILL HELP WITH ANYTHING YOU HAVE HER STAFF KINDA SUCKS THEY WILL SAY WE ARE TAKING CARE OF IT AND NOTHING SO MAKE SURE YOU TELL HER AND IT WILL GET DONE SHE FIXED EVERYTHING SHE COULD IN MIN'S OF KNOWING THE FIRST FLOOR FLOODED AND SHE WAS STILL READY TO DO ANYTHING TO KEEP US AND ADRESS IT RIGHT AWAY WHO EVER YOU ARE THANKS................ANDREW ROOM 210

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Pamela S
Reviewed March 4, 2010

we had no problems staff was nice and helpful and went out of their way for us. we had no problem getting our deposit back

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I stayed a week, housekeeping never came and I was charged $7 for some type of laundry service that never materialized. I washed the sheets and towels in the laundry room prior to leaving- the hot water didn't work down there so everything got a cold wash. Driers didn't work very well either, took 2-3 runs to get everything *mostly dry. They kept $35 of my deposit for "stained towels and sheets". I told them to mail them to me, I'll pay the postage. They said they were thrown away. Right.

The vinyl floor in the kitchen area and bathroom were absolutely filthy. Walking barefoot on them will turn your feet black.

The place REEKED of smoke even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Upon check-in they did give me keys to 2 rooms to see which one would be better as far as the smoke smell. I picked the lesser of the 2 evils. But was still awful.

Overall, it's a great value- try staying anywhere for the same price. I'll give them one more chance before I say I wouldn't recommend to others, but I'm taking my own sheets and towels.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nagginwitch
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Before booking my reservation I looked up the place online, and saw all the negative reviews, but I figured, 'hey 199 a week and it doesn't look crappy on the outside.. I'll give it a try.' Biggest hotel choice mistake I've EVER made. All the reviews about it initially being 199 a week, but you end up paying more like 300- absolutely true. They charge for anything and everything they can (Internet, towels, sheets and I don't have the bill in front of me to tell you what else ended up on it), in addition to not getting the 100 deposit back. It seems like the manager hates her job and is in it just to make people miserable and take their money. Linen service was supposed to come once a week.. They never did. If I was still in Killeen I'd stand outside the place with signs trying to save everone else from this experience. Bottom line, you get robbed, promised things you don't get, and treated like a dog at a puppy mill all the while.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple