“Thanks, from a soldier.”

WoodSpring Suites Killeen
Harker Heights, Texas, United States
“Thanks, from a soldier.”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was PCSed from Eglin AFB to Ft. Hood (for those who dont know, Ft. Hood is in Killeen). When i got to reception they told me they didnt have any Geographical batchlor barracks (Im married, but my wife isnt with me), which is a little odd compared to other posts. I was directed to the on post hotel by one of the senior NCO's. After talking a bit with a SGT who worked at the staff duty desk in the barracks, he directed me to this place. I have to say, very nice place. Everything is clean and new. Talked to some of the maintanence(sp) personell and found out that it had just recently been renovated and was under new management. I was given a tour of the rooms and what the different options were, and was told exactly how the bill would be broken down. And it was only 7$ a day for internet, and the internet was just as good as some i've used in bigger name hotels. Never had any issues, very safe place, everything in the room was clean and well kept up, and everything worked fine. I'm not sure about these other reviews, but it cant be the same place. Perhaps they got the adress wrong. Either way, as this place is very well kept and cheaper than on-post hotel, i highly reccomend it if your PCSing and need temporary lodging. Only 10 mins from post and they know how to break the bill down for when you have to turn it in for reimbursement. Highly reccomended, and i will be sending any soldiers i have come in there in the future- SGT Sparks (Room 401)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fort Hood, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We began our stay here just before the new owners and mangers took over and it was TERRIBLE! We were being over charged for a room that was trashed; our pull out sofa was tied together with bandanas. As soon as the new management took over things have began to improve. There are still many issues which need to be addressed, but for the condition of the hotel was in as a whole during the time of transiton it has greatly improved. The internet was the slowest I have ever encountered. It took twenty minutes to check my email. The most frustrating part was having to pay $10 per week to use the crappy internet. We were told that the internet would be improving soon, but yet to see it new carpets wouldnt hurt it feels like a cheap hotel you would pay 25 dollars to stay also we would have stayed if the furniture was comfortable and price on drink machines were not 1.25 for can of soda and icecream machine doesnt work also snack machine is over priced walmart isnt that far away IF AND WHEN THEY FIX THE ISSUE'S WITH COMFORT,INTERNET AND SERVICE WE AND TWO OTHER COUPLES WILL COME BACK UNTIL TIL THEN TALK TO THE LADY THAT TOOK THE HOTEL OVER SHE WILL HELP WITH ANYTHING YOU HAVE HER STAFF KINDA SUCKS THEY WILL SAY WE ARE TAKING CARE OF IT AND NOTHING SO MAKE SURE YOU TELL HER AND IT WILL GET DONE SHE FIXED EVERYTHING SHE COULD IN MIN'S OF KNOWING THE FIRST FLOOR FLOODED AND SHE WAS STILL READY TO DO ANYTHING TO KEEP US AND ADRESS IT RIGHT AWAY WHO EVER YOU ARE THANKS................ANDREW ROOM 210

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Pamela S
south carolina
Reviewed March 4, 2010

we had no problems staff was nice and helpful and went out of their way for us. we had no problem getting our deposit back

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I stayed a week, housekeeping never came and I was charged $7 for some type of laundry service that never materialized. I washed the sheets and towels in the laundry room prior to leaving- the hot water didn't work down there so everything got a cold wash. Driers didn't work very well either, took 2-3 runs to get everything *mostly dry. They kept $35 of my deposit for "stained towels and sheets". I told them to mail them to me, I'll pay the postage. They said they were thrown away. Right.

The vinyl floor in the kitchen area and bathroom were absolutely filthy. Walking barefoot on them will turn your feet black.

The place REEKED of smoke even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Upon check-in they did give me keys to 2 rooms to see which one would be better as far as the smoke smell. I picked the lesser of the 2 evils. But was still awful.

Overall, it's a great value- try staying anywhere for the same price. I'll give them one more chance before I say I wouldn't recommend to others, but I'm taking my own sheets and towels.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nagginwitch

Travelers are raving about these Killeen hotels

Colorado Springs
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Before booking my reservation I looked up the place online, and saw all the negative reviews, but I figured, 'hey 199 a week and it doesn't look crappy on the outside.. I'll give it a try.' Biggest hotel choice mistake I've EVER made. All the reviews about it initially being 199 a week, but you end up paying more like 300- absolutely true. They charge for anything and everything they can (Internet, towels, sheets and I don't have the bill in front of me to tell you what else ended up on it), in addition to not getting the 100 deposit back. It seems like the manager hates her job and is in it just to make people miserable and take their money. Linen service was supposed to come once a week.. They never did. If I was still in Killeen I'd stand outside the place with signs trying to save everone else from this experience. Bottom line, you get robbed, promised things you don't get, and treated like a dog at a puppy mill all the while.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travel4theloveoflife
ky
Reviewed June 24, 2009

The tv didnt work. The sign says 199 but by the time you finish paying its like 400. we where moving from killeen so when we stayed we used our own towels, soap, pots, etc. they did not give me my deposit back and we didnt use any of there things. i think i got robbed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank spchoward
KILLEEN, TEXAS
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Although the sign says 199 plus tax, when you reserve a room here and check in, they fail to tell you about the hundred dollar deposit, plus the 200 dollars for the week, for a whopping grand total of 254 dollars a week. after taxes. It is not worth it because you only get a cleaning service once a week, and the cleaning you do get is mediocre. The sheets I found the first night I slept there had hair from a previous tenant in them, the hot water did not work the first night, the ac unit kept going out, and yes I did find one bed bug on the comforter. They threw me in a smoking room that had a hint of urine, and I did not feel comfortable in the room. I constantly asked for a non-smoking room, but they could never meet my needs(I don't even think they checked), even though I was shelling out all of this money each week. The only thing I liked was the fact that the location was close to post, and since I was pcs'ing I had no other choice but to stay there for a little bit until I checked into the Sleep Inn. (Full breakfast & room service everyday) They should offer you more for your money, and be more courteous to your needs.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business