“ok stay”

Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Welling
“ok stay”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were scheduled to stay 3 nights but had to leave after 2 because hubby was not comfortable there. It was hard to regulate the temperature in the room it was either way too cold or stuffy. The breakfast was ok although it was slightly cold today. The room was clean and roomy one of the better ones we've stayed in it was just the issue with the comfort also the bed was a bit too firm but that is just our preference.

Room Tip: You should probably try this for yourself it could have just been us having issues with the room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Richmond
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We use this hotel when we come to check on our property in Killeen. Each stay has been pleasant. The check in was smooth, even though we arrived early, they accommodated us. Front staff was willing to help and greeted you with a smile. Our room was clean and the linen was soft and plentiful. The continental breakfast was hot and plentiful. The assistant always checked to see if we needed anything else. This hotel has wireless internet that worked perfectly. They also have a computer that the residence can use with a printer!! Eating establishments are close by and plentiful. We even encountered a guest who advised us of places to eat. Check out was smooth even with a "hope to see you again". I recommend this establishment to anyone traveling here or passing through. There was only on set back, and that was someone not obeying the "no smoking rules" I guess because they don't patrol the floors, they can get away with it. Did it ruin my stay...no. Thanks Sleep Inn - Killeen. I rested well!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Hotel is very clean and recently updated.. The towels are very small and cheap, no cable television. overall a good experience for 65.00 per night (state rate). The location is great near HEB and a good number of food establishments. Very quiet considering military members stay there.

Room Tip: local television
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank texaspi
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Killeen is not one of my favorite places to visit while traveling on business, but the folks at the Sleep Inn make it more bearable. They are always very friendly and accommodating. Their hot breakfast is great and I never have any issues with their wireless internet. I do alot of my work online and the speed seems much better than other places I have stayed at in the area. The best part is their value to price ratio. They provide a great service at a great price. The place is kept up and the rooms are clean. I wish I could say that about every stay when Im traveling. You cant go wrong with this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel. The view is not much to look at but you will not get any no...
leon, ia
Reviewed September 1, 2013

room good, service good, but what ticked me off was the brand new hummer parking in a handicap spot with dod sticker on the windsheild with no sighn of handicap parking authorizing it do so . not only did this person park in a handi cap spot but he parked in the one nearest the door when there was 5 other available. the oncomming staff was comming in as this nut was parking and she warned him that this person was illigily parked. when i came in 4 hours later it was still there . the hired wrecker service did not tow it as they are payed to do and the front desk refused to call the police to handle and was not collecting the required info(plate numbers) to match the room so problems could be handled. so i had to call pd non emergency number and since my gps told me i was in harker hights instead of killeen which is where the military base is. so i got the wrong pd. so nothing was done---THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN HANDLED BY THE FRONT DESK AND NOT LEFT UP TO A CUSTOMER.
it is state law that anyone checking in for a night must be restered with the car/truck plates# . dl is ok but that does not tell you what car they are driving.front desk could have called the military pd to handle the DOD sticker to find out who this nut was.. i am sorry this is a big pet pive for me. the hotel is nice but from the second handi cap space to my room was more than 100 feet and when it is 100 degrees that is tough.

Carrollton
Reviewed August 28, 2013

They seem to have a really good product for the money. This one would not be my favorite, but it is ok.

Pros - Price, front desk personnel was fast and friendly. Clean property and lobby area. The beds were comfortable. Had a refrigerator & microwave.

Cons -
It is located just off the freeway, although, depending on which direction you are traveling from, you may have to cut through a grocery store parking lot to get there.

I did notice that the chair in our room had a huge burn in the footstool. We pointed this out to the front desk, just to make sure they didn't think we did the damage, and they stated they were aware of it. I think if you know furniture is damaged this badly and how it makes a reflection on your property, pull it out. I wouldn't have noticed that it was missing.

The rooms could stand to be updated - new bed covers, curtains, etc... Other than that it is an ok place.

We did not stay for breakfast, so not sure how that may be and I didn't get check out any of the rest of the facility, as it was a very brief stay.

Would I stay here again, probably for a night as you just can't beat the price.

Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Although we live less than 50 miles from Killeen, my husband and I decided we needed a place to crash between commitments over a 48 hour period. Sleep Inn & Suites had the best rate (much less than the others) and the staff the most helpful of the places I called. Our suite was big, comfortable, clean and we didn't hear the noise from the highway. Breakfast was tasty and the hostess extremely helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple