“Excellent service, clean room, wonderful people”

Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Houston, Texas
“Excellent service, clean room, wonderful people”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We have stayed her twice and both times staff was tremendous! This is a great location and by staying here you get access to a local health club (though there are treadmills at the hotel). The check-in was efficient, the room was clean (both times) and the folks at the desk made my wife and I feel very welcomed. Thank you everyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jen M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback. We have sent in the comments on the continental breakfast to the Candlewood Brand Team. I know this is something they like to get feedback on as they make improvements and changes to the Candlewood Service and Amenities offering. I am glad you enjoyed the full kitchen though. Thank you so much for staying with us and I will definitely be passing on your positive comments to our staff.
I hope you get the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Jen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Laurens, South Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2014

forgot to pick us up at airport waited in heat for over one hour after five phone calls never again was told someone would call me they must have forgot again what a joke. if you don't care about service then this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leole
Jen M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I am so sorry you experienced such a delay with our airport shuttle. Our new Area Director of Operations is addressing this issue right away. We would love the opportunity to talk with you more about you experience. At your earliest convenience please contact myself or Quentin Lee at 254-501-3990. We look forward to discussing further with you.

Blairsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We made reservations several days out and confirmed that day we would be checking late. Room, no problem until I opened the door. It appeared to have a party from the night before and air conditioner ripped from the wall. The front desk struggled to find another room and when we opened the door the stench of cigarettes began to say it all. Did I mention the folks that were drunk hanging out in the lobby.... When making reservations for 2 adults and 2 teen children I was recommended for several more dollars a night breakfast to be included. We were then advised the next day that it was only for two people. REALLY, we made reservations for FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!! We went else where for breakfast (The Kettle - Definately worth going to). Now for the positive, the room was clean except for the cigarette smell. The hallway on the 3rd floor smells like cigarettes also. (So much for smoke-free.) Would I stay here again, absolutely not.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank game227
Jen M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your stay. Our on-site Operations Manager ( Dave Patel) has reached out to you by phone however I wanted to leave you a note as well. I am so sorry for the issues you have been experiencing and we would love the opportunity to discuss further and also adjust the breakfast on your room. At your earliest convenience please contact Dave or myself at the front desk. Again we are very sorry for the experience you are having.

Fort Drum, New York
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Well we are currently still at this hotel. As far as the actual facility it is surprisingly really nice given the location (neighborhood not to appealing on the eyes ) but at the same time very convenient to get around. The rooms are EXTREMELY SPACIOUS everything they have provided in the rm was very nice as well they thought of everything for long term stays this honestly would be a perfect place to stay you can't go wrong!!!! The staff was very friendly the evening girl she helped with all my questions and wasn't rushed about it ! What was shocking was We have 2 different rooms in this hotel. I made the reservations separately for each room via online . The main reason we chose this hotel was because it was "pet friendly" EXCEPT for the pet fee ABSOLUTELY not friendly at all I was shocked that the pet fee with tax was actually more then the rates on either of our 2 rooms we have wow even with being a IHG rewards club member!!! My k9 kid is only well barely 5lbs maybe the weight of a bag of sugar and it cost us $85.00 for him to stay here !!! That isn't very pet friendly at all!! It's not like he's actually would be left in either of our rooms unattended for any reason for any period of time !!!! A pet deposit of that amount understandable of course a business has to cover their butts just incase any discrepancies may happen but a pet fee at that amount. Ridiculous !!!!!!! That would honestly be the only reason why we wouldn't stay at this hotel again is because of the really high pet fee!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us comments on your stay. We appreciate the feedback. I am so glad that you enjoyed the spacious room and convenience of the location.
I appreciate the comments on the pet fee. The one time fee covers our cost of having an outside company come in after a pet room checks out to fully clean the carpets and drapes etc...
With having pet rooms we have to make sure all hair is removed in case the next guest is allergic to pet hair. I am sorry if the fee was not explained in detail at the time of making your reservation. Our hotel opted for the one time fee versus how many hotels charge a daily fee per pet.
I hope you will stay with us again and please feel free to reach out directly to me to discuss the pet fee more in detail.
Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The employees and staff were among the best and most courteous we've ever seen. Great hospitality. Only downside is we wish there was a continental breakfast, but the fact there was a stove, microwave, fridge, dishes, and a dishwasher in the room made up for that.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice and quiet, snack is available for purchase in the lobby, the hotel is Eco friendly. Short driving distance from most stores and food places. Located about 13 min from fort hood, serve the military community and pet friendly

Stayed June 2014
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Staff is very kind and courteous, Jeanne was very polite and helpful with anything I needed during my stay. Christine was also very polite and helpful. The beds were comfortable and condition of hotel is excellent.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business