“Exceptional hotel”

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Danville, California
“Exceptional hotel”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

This location is ideal for business and take care of their clients. They are part of holiday in the chain this is one of the nicest hotels in the area the service quality of the front desk Jeanie with exceptional management has all they insight to make your stay more comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013
Dorene B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
We appreciate your recent stay with us. We love to hear that Jeannie did a great job. That is definitely what we strive for and I will be sure to give her an extra thanks. We look forward to your return to our hotel. Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
columbia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Wow no wireless internet service unless you have a plug in for the wall. It really reminded me of an old apartment i had when i was 20 something. They have a standing policy of cleaning the rooms once a week, so its pretty rank in there since i last visited. The shower was the best part it felt like a pressure washer, and ya felt like ya needed it when the hotel smells like a hamper. There was an awesome front desk guy Rico who was kind enough to give me a water from time to time, and i herd he got in trouble for it. WHAT! He was a good dude too very friendly normally there wasn't anyone around if he wasn't at the front desk. The place is a straight up dump, with them being pet friendly you can imagine the smell. They couldn't even get my bill right when i left the system was down so i said ok email it to me, well they struggled with that to so i called got Rico to fax it to me, thanks buddy.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dorene B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your feedback. I do apologize for the issues you experienced. We do have free WIFI throughout the hotel so I will follow up with Time Warner. I will also follow up with Housekeeping. We do offer additional cleaning and would have definitely wanted to address the issues while you were here and made sure we moved you to a comfortable suite. We do strive to offer great customer service and so I love hearing that Rico took care of you during your stay. We want to make sure our guests have a clean comfortable place to stay while traveling. I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay with you so I make sure everything is taken care of and hopefully have an opportunity to take care of you in the future..
Humble, Texas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Booked this room direct as there are just some hotels in Killeen that are older and not up to par. Hotel was clean and comfy. No extras. If you wanted breakfast you had to board a van and go to another hotel for a hot meal. But staff was helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Candlewood_Suites_TX, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback so that we can continue to improve and make sure our guests have everything they need when they travel. Most guests really enjoy our fully equipped kitchens in each suite so they can cook own their own schedule. However, we do offer the shuttle to take you to any restaurant in a six mile radius and we have Harv's Restaurant that will deliver breakfast and dinner directly to your room for a small $2.00 delivery fee plus cost of meal which is also a great choice. I do apologize if these options did not meet your needs. We will research more delivery options that we can make available for our guests. We look forward to your return to the Killeen area.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The property is adjacent to a Holiday Inn that has a sports bar/restaurant within, which makes it rather convenient, as Candlewood maintains a partnership with them, and you can have great food delivered to your room for a small fee.

The hotel itself feels comfortable. They are currently going through a renovation, and the upgrades look great. They are even recovering their recliners! Overall the look of the place is classy, but not overly so. The rooms are plenty big for a couple, and include a nice desk, with office chair, and a sitting chair as well. In the room is a recliner and the bed is really rather comfortable. I have slept very well so far.

All in all, I would certainly recommend this property.

Room Tip: First floor, if you can, and opposite the highway if you're a sensitive sleeper.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CRANK13
Thank you for your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to accommodating you in the future.
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

This clean quiet comfortable room has made me decide to look for Candlewoods in my future travels. In addition to being of high quality for its price range it has added touches of extra plush towels and linens and an ultra comfortable bed. The gentleman who checked me in was not only pleasant and professional: he also directed me to the best Mexican food around.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Maggikate
Thank you for your stay. We value your feedback so we a can continue to acheive our goals of providing excellent customer service.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I am impressed with this Killeen based Candlewood Suites and it initially stems from the first rate staff. Heather and Yamil, along with the cleaning and maintenance staff ensured that my stay was perfect. It is refreshing to stay in a hotel where the staff deeply cares for each and every “resident” and makes you feel at home. This is a true indication of quality people and a reflection of high-level management. The location is very close to stores and restaurants as well as post, making the commute to all needed areas extremely quick and easy. The rooms are comfortable, clean, quiet, and have all the amenities for a long term stay. Based upon the outstanding service, staff and enjoyable stay…the Killeen Candlewood Suites will now be my first choice when visiting Killeen/Fort Hood, and I highly recommend it to fellow travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank scarborf
We appreciate your feedback and always strive to make Candlewood our guests "Home away from Home." We look forward to your return,
Alabaster, Alabama
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I highly recommend Candlewood Suites Killeen TX for a variety of reasons. I was placed there by my company for business and was skeptical at first. After arriving, however, I found it to be a fantastic place (and I'm pretty particular). The room and hotel ammenities were great for me. As well, the hotel was quiet (possibly because most people staying there are on business) so I didn't feel like I was in a hotel as much and I could sleep and have some peace when I wanted. The best part of staying at Candlewood Suites in Killeen, though, was the staff. Yamil and Heather helped make the experience great. Heather brought me tea (which I did drink Heather! :) when she surely didn't have to! And Yamil took care of my billing questions with ease. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I requested the third floor (top floor). The smoking rooms are also on the third floor (but only on...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank leah o
Thank you for your feedback. Great to hear that Yamil & Heather made your stay special. That is definitely why we are in hospitality and hope that we can do that for each and every guest.