“Always a pleasure --- a great hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Killeen

TownePlace Suites Killeen
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Portland, Maine
“Always a pleasure --- a great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is the third time (3rd year in a row) that I have stayed at the Towneplace suites in Killeen.
This hotel is near Fort Hood and used a lot by visitors with the base.
It is clean and well appointed.
It is always nice have the kitchen area ... this one is nice with some dishes/pots and pans.
Nice towels (soft) and lots of hot water.
Plenty of outlets.
I found the bed to be a bit too hard, but I like a softer bed. (Not something that you usually find at hotels in general.) That's just my personal preference.
This is a wonderful hotel...a great location near the highway.
I would definitely stay again!
: -)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lewisville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have stayed at several hotels in this area and have been disappointed until now. Towne Place Suites had great rooms, friendly staff, a large business center, and pool. The breakfast area was clean and the food was good. The breakfast attendant was extremely polite, unlike most hotels. I absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone, no matter what the purpose of your trip!

• Stayed October 2012
Harker Heights, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We got a great deal online at the Marriott website. We got the larger suite with two queen beds. It was plenty roomy and comfortable for 5 nights for the two of us. The kitchen was a great help so we could have breakfast in the room. I am gluten intolerant so there was not much that I could eat at the breakfast furnished in the hotel although they did have boiled eggs and bananas and apples each day. The room was clean, well-lit and well-supplied. And a big plus--the beds were very comfortable. The air conditioner worked well. The kitchen even had a cute, small dishwasher. The person at the front desk was always friendly and helpful when we had questions.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Graham, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have never stayed at a Towneplace Hotel (Part of Marriott). This place was great. All of the rooms are suites and more than a reasonable price. There was even a dishwasher. We only stayed one night, but will definately keep these in mind for longer stays. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends who are looking for more than a bed and shower. More bang for the buck!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Judith H
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here last year for the deployment of our son, and again this year for his redeployment back to Ft. Hood. The rooms (we had 2 each time) were spotless. We liked the fact the rooms all have a kitchen area. Both of our visits were for 9 days. The pool is very clean. The grilling area was large enough to accomadate a large cookout. I honestly can't say enough good things about this hotel. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone who will be is the area, and we will stay here again if we ever need to come back to Ft. Hood. The staff and management are outstanding!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dallas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

I experienced the loss of several pieces of jewelry while staying at this hotel. I found the dog treat container left in my room and assume it was done while I went to breakfast....taking only 2-3 minutes and occurred on a number of days for about a week. The management was very unhelpful, to the point that the police office with whom I filed a police report, stated that he would never put another employee in this hotel if it was his company,because of the way they were treating me. The treatment only got worse and management was very defensive. Would NEVER stay at any Marriott again.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jmo149
Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Well talking about the stay at TownPlace Suites in Killeen, I have only one negative point to point out which was the breakfast. I may be wrong on this, because with the nature of visit which I did, breakfast was quite essential for me since it was on an official work purpose visit to the Army base, where I think a good breakfast would kick start the day and it will keep me going right through out. But if I had come on a leisure trip it would have been completely different story. So I recommend having a variety of food on the breakfast menu.

Other than that, the room was beautiful and it was equipped with all what I wanted, the girls at the reception were very helpful and easy going. Also all the facilities such as internet & laundry services were up to the standard. I even got extra two hours to stay in the room on the day I was checking out since my flight was way past the checkout time of the hotel.

Overall I was very happy with the services & facilities you all had to offer and definitely it will be the place I will visit if I come to Killeen again and I would recommend this place to anyone who visits Killeen.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business