“What do you want me to write?”
Review of Clem Mikeska BBQ

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Clem Mikeska BBQ
Ranked #77 of 244 Restaurants in Killeen
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Traditional BBQ chicken, ribs, brisket with all the fixin's, homemade cobbler and oies. Dine in or take out. Plentiful helpings of food.
Killeen, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What do you want me to write?”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Meat was tough / side dishes not very good/Location: Clear Creek - Killeen/ also BBq had no flavor / Maybe other locations are better

Visited November 2012

Killeen Texas
“Typical Barbecue”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I cannot lust for this barbecue because it is just plain ordinary, the rub and sauce unremarkable, and the chicken dry. The sides are not unappealing if one is hungry, but they are definitely run-of-the-mill. The decor is adequate and appropriate.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
“My two cents”
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via Local Picks

I like Clem's availability of side dishes over Rudy's, but when it comes to straight up BBQ, Rudy's is by far the best in Texas.

Dallas, Texas
“Simply.. okay.”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The only reason I go here is for a burger.. But if you're looking for good BBQ, you probably won't be very impressed! Service is okay. Everything is just okay!

• Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“This is BBQ to Salute!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've read some of the other reviews and I guess I'm one of the high end voters. I was visiting Ft. Hood and a friend took us to Clem's for lunch. I love BBQ, so this was my kind of thing! The menu is on a big sign on the wall before ordering. You can order plates with sides or a la carte if you want just a sandwich. I had a half chicken plate with two sides which cost me $9.50. There are several sides to choose from and I had pinto beans and cole slaw. A little bowl of BBQ sauce came with the meal. The chicken tasted very good and the meat was very tender. The two sides were fresh and flavored very well. Sure, this isn't a Smokey Bones or Red Hot and Blue, but Clem's is a very good place to go for good BBQ for lunch that you don't have to pay a high cost. You can get in, get the food, no need to tip because you're ordering on the line kind of like a cafeteria, and then get back to work.

• Visited September 2012