“AMAZING HOTEL - Great Price - Clean - Stay Here.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Killeen
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
San Antonio, Texas
“AMAZING HOTEL - Great Price - Clean - Stay Here.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Checked in for a (1) night stay to pick up family in Killeen. The hotel was clean from the outside, and was the same inside. The staff welcomed us, checked us in, and was very caring.

Upon informing them I had forgotten my shaving kit, they asked me to wait a moment, diappeared into a rear office, and returned with (2) razors and shaving cream. I was taken away at the fact they furnished me both a razor and shaving cream. This small assistance saved me a trip to a local store and a few dollars. Kudos.

The room was a little small, but was very comfortable and again clean. There was nothing lacking for the stay. The hotel did have a pool, which was a little small, but we were the only ones using it at the time so it worked out. They offer towels outside at the pool, which many hotels do not because of the loss potential. The bed was soft, and had several pillows. The TV was a flat screen, and the room had a mini-fridge and microwave. There was a coffee pot in the restroom thankfully :-)

The breakfast was great, and quite a few items. There was cereal, waffles, eggs, yogurt, bread(s), fruit, and my favorite - coffee. The one thing I wanted to do was spend time in the lobby. It was very cozy looking, but time was my enemy here. I will definately return to this hotel if given the chance. It had what I want in a room (cleanliness, low price, and comfort).

Room Tip: Request a room opposite from the pool area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel since August 04, 2013 and is with great pleasure to report that my stay thus far has been nothing but fabulous. The staff at the hotel, both attendants, cleaning and cashiers were all courteous. I have been in the military for 23 year and have stayed in countless hotels. This is the first I have stayed were the service by the entire staff were exceptional. As a special note: the front desk attendant name Cassidy was especially professional, courteous and welcoming. Even though I am away from my home she went the extra mile to feel so welcome that I thought for a second that I was home. Only a second...LOL

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mulberry Grove, Illinois
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The employees at this establishment are extremely helpful and professional. I understand the use of cardio machines in the excersise room so I really can't say much about that. The pool/spa area needs to be bigger for big families like the one that took up the entire pool while other people had to sit out. The rooms are cleaned very thoroughly, daily and they are held to a high standard. I understand the cost issue when it comes to dining but I believe there should be a better selection for breakfast instead of the same four or five items every morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. The breakfast was great for us. The pool was small but my son had fun with his friends anyway. The rooms were clean. The double beds were super small for us so my son stayed with my mom in her room. By night two, my husband I were sleeping in separate beds and that made for a better night's rest - no more falling off the bed. The front desk staff was very courteous and helpful. Loaned me a pair of scissors so I could finish a sewing project. My only complaint is that the walls are very thin. I was awoken very early every morning to my neighbors flushing the toilet. Oh yeah, my husband said it did look there were a few prostitutes working the place. Not sure, maybe they were just going out for the night?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Overall this is a good property that has had some superficial updates to look current, but will need more work soon to stay competitive.

I stayed in room 106 a double/double room.

PROS:

Good value for price paid
32" flat screen
dated micro/fridge combo
good firm beds
Outdoor pool (SMALL)
tile floor in bathroom
clean
fresh decor

CONS:

Small-ish work desk and few electrical outlets are not made for business use
Pillows are a mixed bag, some cheap and lumpy
cultured marble counters and bath surround looks dated
average breakfast

Overall i would give this property and 88/100 and a 90/100 for value. i would consider staying here in the future

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
kerrville
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We arrived late but the room was nice and we had a restful sleep. Great value for a large room. The free breakfast had choices are family enjoyed. Will stay here again when visiting family in Killeen.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Magnolia, Tx
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were only there for one evening, but the room was very nice & clean. Location is good as it is right on the service road, convenient to the area. The staff we had dealings with were courteous & helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com