“Terrible service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Killeen
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
“Terrible service”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Probably one of worst hotel experiences. I'm here on TDY for the Army and I'm working on the night shift. My first issue is the housekeeping comes in the room REPEATEDLY without knocking wether or not you have the do not disturb sign up. Yesterday she came in and started cleaning the bathroom while i was asleep on the bed. So today I put the safety rail lock on to try and keep her from coming in and of course what does she do but sit there banging the door back and forth over and over again. I've tried talking to her to see if she could come by later or just skip my room and she got all mad fussing at me for not adhering to her schedule for cleaning. When I asked why she kept coming in even when I had the Do not Disturb sign up, she repo sed with "well I'm supposed to clean it sometime. So if you leave that up all day I have to come in anyway." My next issue is that they put me in the room right next to their breakfast kitchen and every morning the little Korean lady that makes breakfast starts banging pots and pans around in the industrial metal sink that is attached to the other side of the wall right beside my head creating unbelievably loud clashes and bangs while I am trying to sleep. I've tried talking to her about it and she doesn't care about making loud noises because she just gets paid to clean up after breakfast and then goes home. I tried talking to the staff about it and they say theyre going to talk to her about it but 4 days later I'm still waking up at 9:30 every morning to her doing dishes. Lastly, this hotel is straight price gouging. We are supposed to be getting our rooms at the government rate which right now is $77 here. Well we have a large group so we filled up most the rooms so they decided they couldn't accommodate us all so we had to double up on rooms. No big deal, I can understand that. But what they end up doing is still charging each person $77 so essentially both occupants are paying for they're own room but are being forced to room together. Thank god the army is paying for this crappy hotel. I would have checked myself out a long time ago.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank abkenned

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Denver
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I would have to say this is the best Marriott here in Killeen, since there are literally three of them in the same block, just under different names.
I didn't want a kitchenette, hate the smell, so your good here at Fairfield. The gym was great, I could always get in, no issue. The pool this last summer needed work, so it was always empty, but of course, may have been due to 20+ kids swarming the place the night before.
I like the location, easy to get in and out, to where you need to go. Overall, not quite my caliber, but hey after all its Killeen, and I'm on the governments dime.

Room Tip: I like it on the 3rd floor, near the end of the building, less traffic, less kids.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

While traveling across the US, I only stay at Marriott properties. This particular hotel is decent, with comfortable accommodations. The isn't a lot of flair with this particular hotel, but the mattresses and linens a new, the furniture purchased within the last decade, and rooms are fairly spacious. The tv is the old CRT, and in need of updating. Moreover, there is no room service, and the surrounding area of Killeen areas slightly sketchy.

Would I recommend it for short stays if your business is on Ft. Hood...sure.

Stayed April 2012
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed here with my fiance during a military school he was attending. Breakfast was hearty with close attention by the attendent. Yogurt, breakfast sandwiches, english muffins, bagels, and muffins were there. I was able to concoct a healthy breakfast with this along with cereal and juices. Waffles were included. The room we had was a suite and wonderful and new. A refrigerator and microwave made it easy to keep healthy food. Our rate was $77. Overall, I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Get the suite if you are a Marriott Elite member as they will upgrade you free.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Barboursville, Virginia
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The Fairfield Inn in Killeen is a decent place for work travel. I stayed for a week and the staff was always friendly and the room was always clean. Breakfast was decent, with plenty of selection. The staff working breakfast even brought you napkins at your seat. She truly enjoyed her job. The fitness center isn't that great but you can go to a local gym for free, nice deal! The beds are low to the floor.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Austin TX
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My daughter and I stayed her for a quick one-night stay. We had a very positive experience. It's easy to find right off the highway. The rooms although on the smaller side had a very nice bathroom. The room also included a microwave, fridge, and tv (w/lots of channels). The breakfast was nicely managed and stocked.

We happened to stumble upon a Manager's special rate which made upgrading to this hotel a nice treat. We would stay here again if visiting the Killeen/Ft. Hood area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mosk215
Houston
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed here with my two young daughters and husband. The room was comfortable, clean and had all we needed. The breakfast had a nice array of options and even a high chair for our youngest. Fitness center had cardio only, but it was nice because we were the only ones that used it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family