“Did not live up to the hype”

Menos Mexican Grill
Ranked #19 of 240 Restaurants in Killeen
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lampasas, Texas
“Did not live up to the hype”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Heard this was the best place in town...well, we had horrible service; food was overcooked and bland; never received the appetizer until halfway through main meal and still had to pay for it. Of all the Mexican places in town...I won't be back.

Killeen, TX
“Fresh simple food with slow staff.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have been here several times alone as well as with friends. My favorite meal here is breakfast. I get the nopalitos con huevos (cactus with eggs). I have had this dish several times, and it is always good. For lunch, I have eaten the Cancun Tilapia as well as the El Vaquero which is a 2 meat platter. I chose pastor and barbacoa as my meats for the platter. The barbacoa was good, but I thought the pastor was a little dry. The pastor was not up to my standards. As for the tilapia, it was perfectly cooked, moist and flavorful. For dinner, I have eaten the carne asada and also the chile relleno. The carne asada was good. The steak was tender. However, the chile relleno was not up to my standards. This pepper should have been stuffed with cheese, but the cheese was stacked on the pepper. It was very disappointing. I don't eat rice so I can't comment on it. The refried beans are good. The charro beans are full of large chunks of fat. I like charro beans, but not with large chunks of fat. My salsa is always fresh and spicy. The tortillas are good. You can ask for more tortillas free of charge if you need them. I agree with some of the other reviews as far as service. The staff is nice, but slow.

• Visited September 2013
benbrook, tx
“Forgetable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Easy to forget. Service is average but food tastes okay. Why are they so stingy on tortillas? They are also priced like they are a better restaurant when it's really only a step up from fast food. It's overall fine but I'd go somewhere else first.

• Visited June 2013
Killeen, Texas, United States
“Better than most”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice restaurant. Staff was very nice, but a bit slow. Don't think I would go if I was in a hurry. Food came out in a reasonable time and was hot and fresh. Good flavors, but queso was a bit bland and watered down. Chips were out of a bag but fresh. The menu had old favorites and some new/unique dishes that I would like to give a try. Overall a pleasant experience and we didn't go away hungry.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Melody M
Killeen, Texas
“Good Small Mexican Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Family Goes here a lot. We went for dinner and had a great meal with great service. The food was very tasty and filling. All the times we have gone all the things they serve are very good.
However... Went the next morning for breakfast and had a completely different experience. The staff was very unresponsive and slow. The food was good but not to the quality that we are used to here. Which is odd still since breakfast on the weekends is very good and the staff is very nice. Guess Thursday is their off day for breakfast and service. However we will still go back to eat here, just not on thursday morning now.

• Visited February 2013